Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed after 2210 crash.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed after 2210 crash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meatpuppet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Help needed after 2210 crash. Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad After a year with an ipaq 2210 and a wired tomtom gps system, my PDA seemed to go into a hard reset for no reason, I didnt take a back up, so all the programs including tomtom have gone.

Not a problem I thought, simply put it in the cradle and reload TT2. The program asks if you want to go online to activate. If you select yes, it comes up with activation failed. You can continue installing without a problem, but, once you have completed the install (to main memory) it places two tt icons on the programs tab. Trying to start any of these programs results in the message "cannot determine location of data. Please re-install data and/or application".

The maps still appear to be in my CF card.

I have upgraded to TT3 in the last six months, but apart from the odd soft reset, the system has been fine.

I have e.mailed Tom tom and had the reply "install to main memory" which is exactly the action I took. Further e.mails have given no response.Searched these forums but cant find a similar problem.

All software is official, no copies etc.

please help, I use this as a business tool and am just about lost without it (excuse the pun).

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm a bit confused, first you mention TTN2 then TTN3 ? Which one are you trying to reinstall ?

Did you try to re-install the maps ? If not I would rename the directory on yoru storage card (if you have a large enough storage card) or delete it and re-load the maps to CF card. It could be a problem here.

Activation wise, you can goto http://www.ttcode.com and activate manually if there's a problem getting out because of a firewall, but I suspect it maybe a problem to do with the PPC, what it's seeing or the activation code.

If you're trying to activate at work, try at home because you may be blocked by a firewall. If you're trying to activate at home, try disabling temporarily your software based firewall (e.g. ZoneAlarm) or if you are running Windows XP (Windows XP Firewall) as these may be stopping it to activate.

If you are installing TTN2 even though you have upgraded to TTN3 then your key may no longer be available so you should be using TTN3 and TTN3 product key.
meatpuppet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I have the upgrade disc for TTN3, which, I think needs to be installed after TTN2...........TTN2 being the original activation.

I shall try a hard reset, then try and load the TTN3 disc, to see if it makes a difference. I havent tried to upload the maps as yet. I am running Kerio Firewall, which usually indicates when an outgoing connection is being attempted and allows accept/deny.
meatpuppet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes useless is what I am...........I thought I needed to install TTN2 before TTN3 as the serial number is only on the TTN2 disc Embarassed

Your post, made me wonder why you were confused, then Idea . Its worked perfectly, so thanks for the prompt. Smile
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! The TTN3 CD should be standalone even though it was an upgrade.

What you will probably find (and have found) is that your TTN2 activation key is no longer valid (because you upgraded to TTN3), so in theory you might as well use the TTN2 CD as a coaster or a memorial plaque.
meatpuppet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
so in theory you might as well use the TTN2 CD as a coaster or a memorial plaque.

The celebratory glass of wine is on it, as we speak Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: