Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM GPS refresh rate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM GPS refresh rate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asterraine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM GPS refresh rate Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm using tomtom3 on an Ipaq 3970 with a rikaline 6010 wired GPS. Since upgrading from tomtom2, I've noticed the blue arrow thing seems to be about 1second (10-20 metres) behind my actual position. I never had this problem using the same equiptment and tomtom2.

I spoke to tomtom and they suggested a complete reload. I've tried this but it doesn't make any difference.

I've tested my configuration with a colleagues tomtom3 on HP2260 and bluetooth and the GPS positions are almost identical. It looks like tomtom3 is taking the rikalines previous GPS position and displaying it, rather then the latest reading, hence the 1 second delay.

Is this a known problem or is there a fix for this. I'm continually going round traffic islands twice!!!!!

Thanks.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen this happening when the receiver is run at "wrong" speed. Can you confirm that your Rikaline is set to NMEA 4800 at COM1: ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
asterraine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I check that?.

On the PDS, I've been into the GPS Status, GPS, and changed the top box from 'Rikaline GPS-6010' to 'NMEA 0183v2 4800' but I still think it behind the actual position.

Is there anything else I should be changing?
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, the way I got round it was to install TomTom on my main memory and the maps on my SD card, also to reduce the number of POI's that I was displaying. If you have a lot of POIs types checked for display it eats up the processing power of the PDA. I reduced it to around 20 POI types and it works fine.
asterraine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software is loaded to the IPAQ main memory, and the maps are on a 256MB SD card. I've also had them loaded on a 128MB SD card but it made no difference.

I've only got the standard POI's loaded that come with TOMTOM as default. There are about 4 selected for view and I'll try turning these off with the new GPS settings. I did turn them off once before when the GPS settings were set to Rikaline 6010 but it made no difference.

Thanks.
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After what you have said this sounds more to do with what Lutz was talking about.

Have you run something like Winfast Navigator to reset the GPS with it's factory settings and correct baud rate. Then make sure that you disconnect Winfast from the GPS before trying TT again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: