Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Next years Offerings!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Next years Offerings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Next years Offerings! Reply with quote

How mature is the current market? Its always the case that if you wait something new will come along next week. You just have to buy when your'e ready or you will wait forever.

In that context what is the next, expected, major advance in the current, multi company offerings? More integration? Online updates of maps, trafiic cameras etc etc. Neater hardware solutions, like TT GO?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The market is very mature now. There will always be new hardware and software for that matter coming out, but whether it's the next best thing, or just playing catch up, or just adding a few features is a long hard debate.

My ethos is, get it now. I'm someone who always has to have the latest gadgets, I have waited a few times for that expensive item to see what's out around the corner only to find waiting a year to see there's really not much difference.

If you can afford it, do the research and bring an end to that suffering Laughing
eggplant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the world is ever moving on, especially in the IT market, Personally I cant afford to always buy the latest and grandest equipment, but its people that can that help bring the prices down. I wonder when our little PDA's etc have an actual 3d view, including the houses, bus stops etc just as if it were a video. ( a good start would be TT to update faster than every second Wink )
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but the work in my view has to around the software. The hardware is the hardware is the hardware etc.

The market appears to be dominated by 2 players in terms of maps. Understandable as the expense must be huge and its a good and a bad thing. Of course they sell to a larger number of Nav software providers and spread their costs/profits. Its all down to functionality at the end of the day. Who offers the best, easy to use features. Traffic warnings, speed camera info, better POI, cheap regular updates. Somewhere out there is the Holy Grail of solutions but I suspect it will a developing product rather than a big bang. Makes the choice of product tricky and potentially very expensive but good fun for all that. Me? Co Pilot 5 is my choice but who knows in a years time....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: