Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem Install of update TTG (no maps installed message)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem Install of update TTG (no maps installed message)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Problem Install of update TTG (no maps installed message) Reply with quote

Hi Hope someone can help.

I have followed the correct procedure etc to install software update 4.40 to TTG. I removed usb and waited for the unit to power up again but I get the message saying 'No maps found'.

I did a re-install etc with the supplied CD but still same message and checked the maps installed (add/remove maps option on install cd) and it says there are no maps installed/memory card full 13mb of space left?

Unit was working perfectly before I tried the update and it is strange as it says the card has insufficient space to install any maps etc but at the same time also saying no maps installed so there must be something on the sd card

Any help appreciated. I have emailed TT support but no answer yet (2 days)

Thanks,

JON
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried taking the card out and inserting it again?

I had the same problem on the PocketPC, no maps found, when I knew they were on there! I took the card out (CF in my case) and tried it in a card reader just to prove to myself they were still there then put it back into the PPC and everything was fine again!
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
helm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks icsys.

I have cured the problem. I basically removed eveything off the SD card manually and then re-installed using the install CD supplied. Did the version 4.40 update and everyhing is now working fine.

Once again thanks for the advice this is a great forum.

Still no response from TT support!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: