Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Not able to Explore Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Not able to Explore Ipaq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Not able to Explore Ipaq Reply with quote

My 3950 works really well, but I cannot explore it from MSSync. When I go into mobile device it shows it as empty. Am I doing something wrong. I have 256 card as well and cant see that from my pc either. TT3 works well and all functions are ok.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have ActiveSync 3.7x installed ?

Either downgrade to 3.6 or upgrade to the latest build available on the Microsoft website and this should fix it, but if you are syncing your contacts, email, calendar etc, you'll lose these and will have to re-populate them/overwrite them after install of 3.6 or the latest build.
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, Yes I do have 3.7.1 installed, but it worked for a while yesterday, and I was able to see my Storage card etc, and uploaded a new theme, but I cant see it again today, Im using a usb and Serial port cradle running on Com1.
Is there a known problem with 3.7? if there is where do I get hold of 3.6 is it still availble?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are known problems with 3.7.1, hence why I mentioned it.

ActiveSync 3.6 Download (bottom of page)

Microsoft may have patched 3.7.1, so you could try and re-download the latest version on their website.

Downgrading ActiveSync means that you will lose your synchronise links, so if you are syncing files, calendar, contacts, tasks etc then you will have to re-set these up and either merge PPC and PC and get double results, or set ActiveSync on the first sync to overwrite the PPC or overwrite the PC then make sure you change them back.
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the help Dave, Ive tried what you said but no success.
I have no trouble connecting the pc to ipaq, and can synchronise successfully. Its just that I cannot explore the Ipaq. It does seem to be a pc problem as my pal tried his Ipaq on my pc and had the same problem.
Very strange as I have been able to do so uptil recently (so I dont think its the version). Actually loaded a program the other day successfully.
In other respects all is ok, beats me.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you recently added or modified a firewall on your PC ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAQMAN wrote:
Thanx for the help Dave, Ive tried what you said but no success.
I have no trouble connecting the pc to ipaq, and can synchronise successfully. Its just that I cannot explore the Ipaq. It does seem to be a pc problem as my pal tried his Ipaq on my pc and had the same problem.
Very strange as I have been able to do so uptil recently (so I dont think its the version). Actually loaded a program the other day successfully.
In other respects all is ok, beats me.

The problem with ActiveSync 3.7.1 is exactly that. You cannot Explore the PPC and sometimes you can't install applications or data.

Downgrade ActiveSync and I'm sure you'll find that the problem goes away. Synchronising calendar and other items work differently and are not affected by this problem.
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx again guys,
Dave I did as you said but the version did not make any difference, I replaced my Hard Drive with another ( I have removable caddies) installed 3.7.1 and all ok. The other poster may have hit it on what the problem is, I have been playing around with my firewall, and I think thats been the cause.
Great site, brilliant forum and really helpful guys
Dave.M

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: