Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Creating and deleting route plans - TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating and deleting route plans - TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kybo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Creating and deleting route plans - TT3 Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for listening to an incompetent noob drone on!!

My mate is borrowing my HP2210 and TT3, wired GPS, for a trip to Spain. I thought I'd pre-plan the routes for him. I soon found out that it's easier to simply select the destination when it's hooked up (and let it guide you there) than to plan route using departure and destination points from the comfort of your armchair 8O
Unfortunately, I made many Embarassed mistakes Embarassed and am left with all these useless routes on my PDA. How do I delete all the unwanted places that are now stored in the recent location icon Question Everytime I turn on TT3 I am being told how to get to Dover!! And I am getting Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for help
Kybo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could set up all the planned destinations as points of interest (POI) - your friend would then just have to pick the relevant POI from the list each time they set off.

Or you could investigate the Itinerary feature - set one up then tap and hold on the list and the popup menu has options like save and open. Not used it myself, but I assume you could prepare all the routes here.

The recent locations list is finite - as you add new ones to the top, the old ones drop off the bottom. Adding new ones is the only way I know to clear off unwanted old ones.

To clear the current navigation to Dover when you start TT, go to Map view select the Tools menu then Clear route... (or just start navigating to somewhere else!).
kybo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,

Thanks a lot for your comments. Now I know the list removes redundant places as new ones fill it, I'm fine with that.

Adding them as POI's is a little beyond me yet I suspect, but nonetheless, useful to know, especially for when my experience and confidence grows.

Can't hurt to play around with it I suppose (it is Microsoft based, tho. Hmmmmm) :o

Gud 'ol Microsoft and restore!!!!!! Play away, eh!!

Cheers

If it wasn't for BAD LUCK I'd have NO LUCK at all!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: