Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Itinerary improvement requested
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Itinerary improvement requested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Itinerary improvement requested Reply with quote

Hi

Like the addition of the Itinerary to ttn3, but it would appear you’re driving blind as all that’s displayed is the final destination on the nav screen after the summary screen, you don’t know for sure if you’re heading in the right direction or how each driveby is going to take - again the final destination eta is all that’s on display.

Could we have the next destination or flag number and eta on the nav screen display, leaving the summary screen to do just that! I’d feel more confident, seems were back to ttn2 were you just hope you’ve selected the right………..

Pete Smile
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the next destination ETA if you check the Multiple Destinations box in the advanced properties tab?

I do not use this function myself, I use itineraries and drivebys occasionally if I want to go a different route that I know TT will take me.

Steve
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

No! Have the multiple destinations box ticked.

Had a bad first experience with Itinerary’s, where all the driveby’s got “cleared” leaving the final destination as target location, not what I’d planned……as it was new to me, I had to get off the motorway and try to figure out what was going on….gave up & reset then simply resorted back to the usual method of input for ttn.

Now I’m a bit more orientated, before setting off I’d check all driveby’s are enabled, have yet to use Itinerary’s again, but looks ok, shame with just a few more tweaks it could be more user friendly.

Pete
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use multiple destinations, you have to start the itinery list from scratch after ticking the multiple destinations box. Otherwise all the drive-bys will remain drive-bys. When you now plan an itinery you are given the choice of making a location a drive-by or destination.
Hope this helps. Thumbs Up
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

Also, withmultiple destinations, it tells you when you have reached each destination and I think the distance shown is to the next destination.
Give it another try, it is a useful addition to TT3.

Steve
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys,

Looks like what I wanted is there, I’ll give it another go……think the mistake I was making was naming the last port of call only as a destination, all others as drivebys.

Pete

2210 / Rom1.10 PPC 2003 / CF256mb Viking CF32mb Integral / ttn3.03 gps2.07 / CheckPOInt 2.0.2 / Fugawi v1.5 / PocketPlus v2.0 / Socket BT GPS / Sprite Backup v3.0.1 / Pocket Mechanic v1.49 / ukpostcodes / Spare battery 950mAh hp compatible / battery extender 4xAA batteries / theclip vent mount / Ipaq Rugged Case / Mini-sync usb+cig lighter power source

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: