Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CF CoPilot, 2210 and Bluetooth - Cannot Detect GPS Signal
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CF CoPilot, 2210 and Bluetooth - Cannot Detect GPS Signal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: CF CoPilot, 2210 and Bluetooth - Cannot Detect GPS Signal Reply with quote

Sorry if this is off topic or just a dumb question, but I've just bought the CF CoPilot 4. Installed the software onto my 2210 (I'm in the UK, but it's a US Ipaq), but the GPS keeps failing with the "Cannot Detect GPS Signal" message.

I have contacted ALK support in the UK, who talked me through how to Autoscan for the correct port. Unfortunately, this always seems to bring up the BT screen (remember I have the CF version of the GPS) and then after about 5 minutes tells me that it can't find anything.

I have been told to use the BTRegTweak utility to disable BT autoconnect facility, but this fails becasue I don't have a registry entry for AUTOCONNECT in my 2210 registry.

I want to play with my new toy, can anyone suggest what to do next - do I just add the registry entry and what is the correct port entry for a 2210 (seems to be either 5 or 8)

IPAQ has ROM version 1.10

Thanks

scunner
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the gps properties screen and then select you gps in the boxes then check the box to turn it on

im not familiar with the copilot system but im asuming it similar to the tomtom gps screen

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
scunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
try the gps properties screen and then select you gps in the boxes then check the box to turn it on

im not familiar with the copilot system but im asuming it similar to the tomtom gps screen

The GPS properties screen only lets you select COM port and speed. Whenever the CF GPS is put in the settings revert to Com7 and 4800 bps.

There is no list of GPS cards or anything like that, the only other thing is the Autoscan button, which when I press it Opens up the Bluetooth Manager screen and then after a wait it fails to find anything.

I've tried the BtRegTweak utility - which initially failed because it couldn't find the Widcomm Registry entry. I have since added the following registry item
\HLKM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\AutoConnect\0008

Aftre adding this entry, the BtRegTweak utility worked and added the DWORD "BtBrowserEnabled" Value of 1.

Now what happens when I insert the CF card is that I get told that:
New modem detected

and that there are no connections on my device that use this modem. I then informed that I should use either "The Internet" or "Work" to create a new connection.

Tapping either one takes me to the "Make New Connection" screen where all of the modems listed appears to be unchanged from when the CF card was not in my 2210. (These are a) Bluetooth Dial up modem; b) Bluetooth Fax Modem; c) Generic IrDA and d) Hayes Compatible on COM1 (Selected)). Taking the default selected item, and typing in trash into the connection number and sign-on details appears to complete this section.

When I then go to try to scan for the CF GPS card, it still brings up the BT control panel and Browser window - regardless of the BtRegTweak setting used.

(BtRegTweak - Manual sets BtBrowserEnabled to 1 and automatics sets it to 0. Is this correct?)

Any other suggestions on what to do gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

scunner
scunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! I think that the CF receiver I have is a Version 1 example which is not compatible with WM 2003. Read ALK's FAQ but didn't spot the word "not" in the following sentence

Quote:
If your CF GPS has a serial number that is not within the range of E31950001 - E31950500 you have a version 1 receiver not compatible with the new operating system.

I'll speak to support tomorrow (Monday) and post back after that.

Thanks for your help.

scunner
scunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.

Replacing my CoPilot GPS CF card has fixed the problem.

The COM Port had to be manually set to COM7.

Still had to Dismiss the new modem detected message.

Thanks to ALK support.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: