Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 2210 & Bluetooth (fixed if you've got a nokia 6820?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 2210 & Bluetooth (fixed if you've got a nokia 6820?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did this fix your problem with the iPAQ 2210 and TomTom BT GPS?
Yes, it works fine now, no more lockups
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
No, still no luck
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
I am not comfortable to apply this patch
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Trev_H
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 2210 & Bluetooth (fixed if you've got a nokia 6820? Reply with quote

Hi,

First post here!

I purchased a nokia 6820 last week and couldn't get my ipaq 2210 to communicate whatsoever by bluetooth (i use mobile sync a lot). Apparently it's a known problem but no-one will admit responsibility.
After some searching I found a beta fix and appied it......guess what - it also fixes the BT drop out problem! I can even use the traffic thing too.

The link for the patch is http://www.pdagold.com/forums/view_topic.asp?t=4283

Note the patch is a beta fix only so it might screw up your 2210 (mine is quite happy). I'd be tempted to try it with another mobile as the fix is for the ipaq and doesn't touch the phone.

Hope this helps

Trev
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nokia Phones seem to be funny when trying to connect bluetooth devices ! A few friends have tried different bluetooth headsets but the only one which seemed to work correctley was the nokia one !
Trev_H
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a return trip form Colchester to Birmingham today. Not one drop out from the BT gps.

This fix has certainly sorted out the drop outs for me.
Andy_Webster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried this patch on my h2210 with Tom Tom BT GPS (3.03 and GPS 3.03). The problem for me has changed in nature - instead of short (few seconds) lapses in the BT feed from the GPS which were mostly resolved (only once have I totally lost the BT link), I now seem to have a rock solid BT link but occasional map display freezes.

My guess is that the BT fix places the BT link higher in the pecking order for the processor at the expense of other functions i.e. map access from the SD card.

Anyone know any more/seen the same effect?

On the subject of SD cards, given that mine (256MB Kingston) may not be the fastest around, is it really worth buying a new Panasonic one? Is the consensus of the forum that fast SD cards really do solve the problem?
Shoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have worked for me no more locks or lost BT using the Clip on but as soon as I turn POIs Tomtom locks

Using Tomtom 3.03 GPS 3.03 Ipaq 2210 BT Clip On Viking 256mb SD

Almost as if its just too much load on the Ipaq running TT BT and POIs at the same time
Lincslad
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a frustrating few weeks since buying my iPAQ/TomTom kit - increasingly frequent Bluetooth dropouts would eventually lead to a lockup requiring a warm reset. I don't think I ever had TomTom work properly for more than two hours at a time. The patch made no difference.

After reading the comments above about turning off POIs, I tried that yesterday, and had over 8 hours of hassle-free operation. I would certainly go along with the 'overloading the processor' theory, although I will be selectively turning on POIs item-by-item, to see if a corruption in one of the files is causing the problem, as suggested elsewhere.

Oh - and helpful forums btw! Laughing
slycknick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with TomTom freezing. The screen would still work but it would no longer track. It only seemed to happen when TomTom was navigating to a destination. It was ok if just tracking. On another post it recommended moving TomTom off the SD card. So I moved the TomTom app to the main memory and the maps to a CF card. It all now works fine. Worth a try?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised at this thread being resurrected. The Bluetooth stack in the iPAQ 1940 and iPAQ h2210 doesn't include Combination Key support, which the latest Nokia phones require, otherwise you just can't connect to them over Bluetooth.

There's no need to use a beta patch now - HP released an official version of this patch last June, which can be found here. All the patch does is add Combination Key support.

I suspect it's something of a fluke if this patch resolves other Bluetooth issues. It may well be better to let this thread die now - if you need Combination Key support, download and use the official patch. If you have Bluetooth issues, feel free to try it anyway, but don't be surprised if it doesn't help. If you have problems, feel free to start a new thread about them if you can't find anything else relevant in the forums.

David
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another thread that I feel no longer needs to be stuck to the top of the forum.

As I mentioned in my previous post, HP have released an official patch which adds "Combination Key" support to the Bluetooth stack in the iPAQ 1940 and h2210. Many modern Nokia phones require this patch to work.

Thread locked, sticky removed - if anyone needs to discuss this issue further, feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: