Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bookmarks on Evesham nav-cam 6200
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bookmarks on Evesham nav-cam 6200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev51773
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Bookmarks on Evesham nav-cam 6200 Reply with quote

A friend of mine has just bought an 'Evesham nav-cam 6200' from Asda.
It seems like a bargain. Theres just one problem that I'm wondering whether anyone here has found a solution to....

There doesnt seem to be any way to delete bookmarks/favorites once youve added them.

He's looked, Ive looked, Im pretty sure Ive been through every possible menu on the device and found no way to do this.

Anyone else found this problem, or a way around it?
kev51773
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless bump here Smile

Surely some of you guys have either come across this problem, or can confirm that you dont have this problem?
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigate to the screen that says Home, My work, and Bookmarks, and opeon one of them.
Do you see a small rectangular icon in the bottom right corner of the screen? i know you do with the Home one. If you click on it you will be given the option to delete it
kev51773
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the option seems to be available for Home, but not for Bookmarks Sad
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: NAV-CAM 6200 Bookmarks Reply with quote

I requested the Evesham suport guys to answer this very question. They confirmed that there is no way to remove bookmarks - but when the bookmark list is full - the first one disappears!! and so on Rolling Eyes

I have asked them whether a utility to manage bookmarks via a PC exists and have no answer yet. However, the bookmark file is accessible and readable with a text editor - some enterprising Guru could probably knock up an editor real quick. Any experts out there want to try? Wink

Another aspect that irks me is the inability to store 'waypoint routes' i.e. routes that you prefer rather than the sat-nav 'best' option.

Mick
kev51773
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mick, I suspected as much,

Nice to know the software was thoroughly tested before release Wink

I guess I could write a pc app to delete bookmarks pretty easily, but it really should be done on the device. I'll have a poke around and see if its possible to write something that runs on the device. I think its Windows CE so it ought to be possible somehow...
skr00ge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can delete the bookmarks
Warning: You may want to back up this file before editing.

Open wordpad (if you use window$.) Or use some HTML editor.
Plug in your 6200 to the USB
Menu: File + open
Change file type to "All documents *.*"
Browse to F:\MobileNavigator\Prefs\prefs.UnitedKingdomIreland.xml
(it may not be drive F: you'll need to look for it)
Open the file

Delete the relevant XML lines for example. please note all the tags have a less-than sign at the start but I can't post this as the forum thinks I'm trying to post HTML/XML.

delete the line that starts with the "n="BKM2"" line. You need to delete all the lines up to the matching /g line. Each BKM line has a corresponding line that only has /g on it. In the file I'm looking at its 20 lines in total. THe end line is inset the same distance from the left (4 spaces)

Save the file and exit and disconnect.

The bookmark should be gone.

Not sure if this affects the bookmark rollover.

CHeers
2ndchance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Nav-Cam 6200 in USA Reply with quote

Hi guys. I really found this info helpful. I'm located in the USA so my file is called prefs.USA

What I did was I copied the Pref file to my desktop and renamed the one in the GPS with a ~ in the front.

Today, I decided to experiment a bit. I deleted the Pref file (still leaving the original, renamed ~pref.USA). I then resetted the GPS and it fired up fine. It created another pref.USA file and it was totally clean.

Now, all I have to do is reset my HOME location. I don't have many in my bookmarks. What I really hated was all the crap that was in my Favorites list...

I hope someone finds this info useful.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: