Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveProffitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I have a problem when planning offline without the Bluetooth Connection. The Tom Tom Software when loaded insists on Bluetooth connection, when cancelled it just loops back to trying to get a connection. It is sometimes possible to break out of this loop but this can take a long time or a soft reset may be needed.

Tom Tom have indicated that it is probably a Fortuna Bluetooth problem as all the latest versions of the software have been loaded and this is a problem they are not aware of with other hardware combinations.

When navigating the Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On works fine.

Any advice would be helpful.

Steve Proffitt
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore what TomTom Support are saying, it's not a problem with the Fortuna, ALL Bluetooth GPS Receivers do this!

You have two options available, if you don't do offline planning much, the easiest way to get around this before loading TomTom Navigator 2 is to run the GPS applet in Programs, quickly (and you have to be quick) untick the tick box at the top of the screen, change this to TomTom Navigator (COM1) and re-tick. What this will do is temporarily start looking for a GPS signal from the bottom sync port of the iPAQ.

Basically the reason why this is happening is that TTN2 will invoke the GPS applet which is set to talk to the COM port that Bluetooth is listening on, and as soon as something sends data to this COM port, it will then throw up the BT Connection Manager. Now you might have to hit the Cancel or X button a few times if the BT Manager comes up, but you can get in quickly. Once you've set it to TomTom Navigator GPS, goto the Status tab, tap anywhere on screen and it will exit. Running TTN2 now, will allow you to do offline planning. However, you'll need to go back into the GPS applet and put it back to the driver and COM port for your BT GPS before using it properly again. It's a pain, but it's a workaround.

The other alternative to stop the BT Manager keep popping up is to follow this thread and edit the registry to stop the BT Manager keep popping up.
SteveProffitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Fortuna BT GPS, iPAQ4150 & TT2 (Endless Loop) Reply with quote

I have been reading with interest these threads and follow the techniques for avoiding the loop. TT have made me upgrade to 2.09 saying it would cure the problem - it did'nt.

As a consequence I am also concerned about having upgraded to 2.09 I may have done more harm than good for any future BT comms products I buy.

Is it possible to plan offline without the BT running ?

I am a relative novice and have no idea how to modify the registry as suggested. Is there a step by step guide to doing this. Does this mean BT is not running ?

Steve

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, did you read my previous message at all ? You have information in there that will help you use TTN2 offline and not keep requesting the BT Manager pop-up.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: