Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrading to a Dell X50v - mount options?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading to a Dell X50v - mount options?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VlaD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Upgrading to a Dell X50v - mount options? Reply with quote

Hi,

It's finally time for me to say goobye to my trusty ipaq 3660 and move to a Dell X50v. I currently have an Arkon long windscreen mount that takes the ipaq and dual slot expansion jacket. Is it possible to just change the mount piece (keep the swan neck and suction mount) for something that would hold the x50 nice and securely. If so, where and how much.

Failing that are the current range of general purpose arkon pda mounts suitable for the X50?

thanks

Steve
WSquared
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the arkon mounts. (I hate it when people do that! Laughing)

But, I am also looking for a mount for the x50v. I have looked at Arkon, Haicom, Seidio, and tomtom. I am new to this arena, but I think I have decided on the Seidio G2500. I want to have as few wires as possible, which seems to lead to seidio or tomtom. But, I don't know if TomTom is planning to come out with an x50 specific mount. I don't want the generic one. I have read about quality problems with the electronics in some Seidio mounts. They are supposed to have been fixed now, but it is always nice to know that somebody else has tried it (successfully) first.

Cheers, William
Nokia 6310i
Seidio x50 mount
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is - what are you looking for in your mount? Do you just want power and a holder? Do you want a speaker? Do you want facilities to connect a wired GPS? Do you want the ability to charge a Bluetooth GPS from the mount?

I'm a great fan of Brodit mounts, but they don't have anything for the X50 or X50v yet that I can see on their site.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: