Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 4.40 New Software has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 4.40 New Software has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera B roads Reply with quote

cgbowser wrote:
I have updated my TTG to v4 and loaded on the ov2 files, (it's a bit frightening when you do "Browse Map" and zoom out)

The only thing that is funny is that I can't see any cameras on any B-roads.

This morning I passed three camera sites all on B-roads, all long standing i.e >3 years for those with an interest they were:-

Holmer Green Road, Hazlemere, Bucks
Sawpit Hill, Hazlemere, Bucks and
B474 Elm Road, Penn, Bucks.

At first I though I must have set the POI wrong or something, but cameras on the M25 and A4 in Slough showed up.

Any thoughts?

my thought is that it's not in the database.

on the tomtom site there are programs that dump 0v2 data into ascii. check out if it's there or not. but my initial guess -- not in the database (or not correct in the database).
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera B roads Reply with quote

imapbox wrote:

my thought is that it's not in the database.

on the tomtom site there are programs that dump 0v2 data into ascii. check out if it's there or not. but my initial guess -- not in the database (or not correct in the database).

here are tools and some information how-to..

http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/nav_poi.php
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no need to convert the OV2 file to ASCII using any tools as there is a text (CSV) file included in the downloaded ZIP file.

Send in details of the missing cameras and we will include them in the next release.

Richard
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldie wrote:
There is no need to convert the OV2 file to ASCII using any tools as there is a text (CSV) file included in the downloaded ZIP file.

Send in details of the missing cameras and we will include them in the next release.

Richard

I tend to think otherwise. CoPilot

the reason is easy -- now, I know how the textformat looks like, so I can easily create POIs myself. it's good if people look at those things Wink
(also, note that you probably don't offer duch speedcam databases for a start).

next thing is how the ov2 format is made so that linux tools can be created to write ov2 files and back of course.
PeterLuit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imapbox,

Look at www.flitspaal.nu for the dutch .ov2 files for speedcams. In return I would like to know more about the internal structure of either the ASC or the ov2 format.

Thanks,

Peter
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imapbox wrote:
Oldie wrote:

Richard

I tend to think otherwise. CoPilot

the reason is easy -- now, I know how the textformat looks like, so I can easily create POIs myself. it's good if people look at those things Wink
(also, note that you probably don't offer duch speedcam databases for a start).

next thing is how the ov2 format is made so that linux tools can be created to write ov2 files and back of course.

You seem to have misunderstood my point. If all you want to do is look at the text of the safety camera OV2 file then it is already available in the CSV file.
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterLuit wrote:
Imapbox,

Look at www.flitspaal.nu for the dutch .ov2 files for speedcams. In return I would like to know more about the internal structure of either the ASC or the ov2 format.

Thanks,

Peter

yes I already had them. I also found all dutch citroen deals. tells us something about french cars Laughing

anyways, the layout of the asc files is pretty easy. if you get the tool I mentioned (tomtom's site) and export a sinlge file you will see something like this :

(these are all the same btw)

53.5 , 4 , "Truckers Restaurant La Bamba"
53.5000000 , 4.00000000 , "Truckers Restaurant La Bamba"
53'30"00 , 4'00"00 , "Truckers Restaurant La Bamba"
53'30 , 4'0 , "Truckers Restaurant La Bamba"
53:30:0 , 4 , "Truckers Restaurant La Bamba"

I'd opt for degrees, minutes, seconds.

in my case it would be:

52'00"00, 5'02"00, "imapbox place"

I do find the format a flaw though. correctlato/long would be

N52o00'45" or something, where the 'o' is the degrees char. where is it ? Rolling Eyes

regarding the ov2 format. I don't know the format yet, I do know that you can convert the ASC (CSV) format to OV2. I'll ask and see if TOMTOM is willing to open this format.

I also have asked if they aren't willing to have an easier installation format so that you can manually install updates easier under linux.

it's not a big problem to do but it would help people in writing tools that install the software and maps.

(but again: you can do by hand if you want to)
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldie wrote:

You seem to have misunderstood my point. If all you want to do is look at the text of the safety camera OV2 file then it is already available in the CSV file.

yes, I misses that oldie ;-) sorry about that.

anyone who knows how the ov2 format is layed out (didn't look myself..)
MRA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just bought my TTG, my first GPS device. :D

It all looked fine until I tried to install the 4.40 update.

I am not sure what happened, but nor TTG refuses to recognise my SD card when I turn it on. I also cannot install anything on it now.
The computer recognises TTG but can not access the files on it.

I am totally lost. Sad

Any idea what to do, except to return it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRA wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought my TTG, my first GPS device. :D

It all looked fine until I tried to install the 4.40 update.

I am not sure what happened, but nor TTG refuses to recognise my SD card when I turn it on. I also cannot install anything on it now.
The computer recognises TTG but can not access the files on it.

I am totally lost. Sad

Any idea what to do, except to return it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

oops, my bad. the prev mail can be deleted guys ..

check out if you have anotherw ay to write to the SD card. I assume the SD card was not write protected and that you did wait until the SD card flashing was stopped on the TTGO screen ?

anyways, try to get a SD card writer, found in laptops etc, and rewrite the original s/w and card again, and retry.

it also may help if you eject the SD card and reinsert. you also can reset the unit w/ the resethole/switch

just let us know what you tried to recover.
PeterLuit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you upload OV2 files to the TTG, without 'connected' bitmaps (16x16 pixels), TTGO in default gives you a red square, as a personal POI warning signal.

It is easy to create seperate bitmaps for each OV2 file in imaging applications (take care of maximum of 256 bytes datafile size). Upload them with the same filename and .bmp extension, and you can have your own personal warning signals.

Peter
ahmurray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Demo Mode seems to have disappeared Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that the demo mode has vanished - this was a facility to simulate the navigation on a route in real time to allow you to see the product in action without moving.

I was trying to show my wife a route using this feature but couldn't find it on the menu.

Not the ned of the world, but strange, especially as this would make a good demo of the functionality in a retail store.

Ali
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Demo Mode seems to have disappeared Reply with quote

ahmurray wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the demo mode has vanished - this was a facility to simulate the navigation on a route in real time to allow you to see the product in action without moving.

I was trying to show my wife a route using this feature but couldn't find it on the menu.

Not the ned of the world, but strange, especially as this would make a good demo of the functionality in a retail store.

Ali

Is this in the tt go?
Still got my demo mode....
ahmurray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Ah, Sorry I spoke! Reply with quote

I think perhaps you are right - I used to have TT2/3 then traded up to a TT GO - maybe the funtionality was only ever in the pocket pc version.

I'll get my coat.

Ali
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ah, Sorry I spoke! Reply with quote

ahmurray wrote:
I think perhaps you are right - I used to have TT2/3 then traded up to a TT GO - maybe the funtionality was only ever in the pocket pc version.

I'll get my coat.

Ali

this demo (I know them from the pocketPC collegues) hasn't been in the TTGO so the fact that you cannot find it... is because it wasn't there in the first place.

another feature found in the tungsten variant and the pocketpc variant, is the absence of crashes of the TTGO Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: