Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Investigating various POI problems on TTN5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Investigating various POI problems on TTN5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SRS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Investigating various POI problems on TTN5 Reply with quote

There have been several reported problems with POIs on TTN5. I know a lot of people, myslef included, thought this was all down to pirated copies. Having read some of the posts recently, I'm not so sure.

Being one of the lucky ones who suffers no problems at all, I thought it would be good to help out the people who are struggling by getting some more data on the problem.

Although we all know we are using 5.000(4890) or 5.100(5160) executables, there could be many versions of map with different POI.DAT files.

So how about a few other people do the same test as I did and post results plus hardware/software versions and sizes of POI.DAT?

All you need to do is "Browse Map" -> "Find" -> "POI" -> "Petrol Station" and see if it crashes or gives "No POI Found" message. I picked Petrol Stations as it seems to be the most unstable, probably because it is one of the largest categories.

Hopefully we could narrow down the problem and help out some of the folks who have POI problems.

If you can post PDA type, OS ver, TTN ver, MAP and ver, POI.DAT size and whether the test PASSED or FAILED.

I have started with mine and a friends from down the street.

Axim X30H, 2003SE, TTN 5.1, GB v562, POI.DAT = 1,724,331 bytes, Test PASSED

Axim X50v, 2003SE, TTN 5.1, GB Plus v571, POI.DAT = 1,724,427 bytes, Test PASSED

Please keep this just to genuine copies as we know the pirated version isn't too stable. All the pirated copies I've found on the net so far, both 5.0 and 5.1 have had the mistake in the crack that causes this crash. Laughing

Please don't ignore this just because yours works. It's needs passes as well as failures to spot the common causes. I don't have the problem, but everyone in this forum has helped me out before now, even if they don't realise it. Now I'm trying to give a little back.

Who knows, mybe we'll be able to tell TomTom what's wrong with it. They sure as hell don't know. Wink

Slider.
eddie_vincent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP iPaq 1940, PPC 4.20.0, TTN 5.1, GB v562 POI.DAT = 16.4 Mb
PASSED

Paul
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fault occurs with different categories of POI for maps of countries other than Great Britain. To make comparisons meaningful it would be better to use the same map. The Great Britain map is probably more widely used on this forum and the POI.DAT file data is as follows:

Great Britain Map -------- v562 - 1,724,331 bytes
Great Britain Plus Map -- v571 - 1,724,427 bytes

Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 420 WM2003

Fully Legal Version - No problems in any category on any of the maps
5.0 Cracked Version - "No POI Found"
5.1 Cracked Version - "No POI Found"

Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 420 WM2003 SE

Fully Legal Version - No problems in any category on any of the maps
5.0 Cracked Version - Crash to Today Screen
5.1 Cracked Version - Crash to Today Screen

The errors above occurred on both the Standard and Plus maps and were for Petrol Stations and approx 50% of the other categories.

Roger
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP iPaq 2210, PPC 4.20.0 (Build 14053), TTN 5.1 (5160), GB v562 POI.DAT = 16.8 Mb
PASSED
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XDA 2i, win2003se, tt5.10 (5160), Great britian Plus v571, poi.dat=1.64mb
Passed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: