Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps Disappeared GO 5000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps Disappeared GO 5000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Maps Disappeared GO 5000 Reply with quote

Evening,

Updating my GO 5000 tonight and the maps disappeared! Tried everything on the "chat thing" nothing.

I've lost Traffic, Speed Cameras and Maps. It says download a map or buy a new one!!

So the thing is not working!

Any advice gratefully received.

ATVB

Alan Mac
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Maps Disappeared GO 5000 Reply with quote

perthroad wrote:
Evening,

Updating my GO 5000 tonight and the maps disappeared! Tried everything on the "chat thing" nothing.

I've lost Traffic, Speed Cameras and Maps. It says download a map or buy a new one!!

So the thing is not working!

Any advice gratefully received.

ATVB

Alan Mac

Tried the Tom Tom Fix and it doesn't work. I've searched everywhere for a technical support phone number, no joy. I thought, I bought it from Halfords so I rang them for a Support Number. They struggled but fair play, they came back with a phone number. It don't work either! After a lot of Robot stuff, I eventually got a message, would i like to e mail a support member of staff? yes please. They came back to say they would be in touch. No way of working out what e mail address I sent this request to. Its like Secret Squirrel.

Was looking at the new Tom Toms, they seem to not need a Computer. I need the live traffic and was lost without it today. The My Drive seems more difficult than Tom Tom Home? Will keep you posted.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was researching TomTom last year I noted that some support staff frequent their user forum so worth posting on there.

What put me off TT at that time was the number of posts asking for their account to be reactivated.
My understanding was that the SatNav became dumb if your account for any reason fails.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Maps Disappeared GO 5000 Reply with quote

perthroad wrote:
They struggled but fair play, they came back with a phone number. It don't work either!
TT Support used to be contacted on 02079 490 134. I don't know if it is still active.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
When I was researching TomTom last year I noted that some support staff frequent their user forum so worth posting on there.

What put me off TT at that time was the number of posts asking for their account to be reactivated.
My understanding was that the SatNav became dumb if your account for any reason fails.

Thanks for the reply
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies and help offered. I tried the phone number disconnected. I was waiting for an e mail back from TT so i took your advice & posted on the Forum.

I got replies and they have e mailed me with some Maps.

I have just downloaded them and everything seems to have come back including My Places, so happy days & thanks once again all!

ATVB

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: