Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Australian mobile cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Australian mobile cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Australian mobile cameras Reply with quote

How can I get, mainly, the mobile cameras from thie website below onto my Australian Garmin sat nav and possibly the sat nav in my Mazda car?

They're going to be stopping advising people where their mobile speed camera vehicles will be positioned and taking the signs off their vehicles, so would be useful to have along with the normal sat nav warnings.

https://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/speeding/speedcameras/current-locations.html?fbclid=IwAR2ClytoTpJpNkleFRAH-FzY3vbJ9sTvyPV8ClZkdxd8TfcGKs6u2JdD6Fg

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7092627/mobile-speed-cameras-to-lose-decals-operating-hours-to-triple/?cs=9676&fbclid=IwAR3z03GS54hf_KzGa8TQUO-I3EVOPFhEO_gd8k8ogLf6aSqml_MP83jJvR0
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Australian mobile cameras Reply with quote

Hi freedy50,

freedy50 wrote:
How can I get, mainly, the mobile cameras from thie website below onto my Australian Garmin sat nav and possibly the sat nav in my Mazda car?

Your links provide the approximate location, especially for mobiles, as just a street. I presume that in your part of Australia the streets may be several kilometres long so the locations are worthless.

Your best bet would be to subscribe to the PGPSW database, if you don't already, and install the database onto your Garmin. You can then use the data from the links to be aware of speed camera locations and report those for an extended subscription if they don't already exist in the PGPSW database.

As for installing the database into your Mazda, does the SatNav in your Mazda take custom POIs, if so can the icons of the POIs be shown on the screen, and does the SatNav give proximity warnings?

freedy50 wrote:
They're going to be stopping advising people where their mobile speed camera vehicles will be positioned and taking the signs off their vehicles, so would be useful to have along with the normal sat nav warnings.

Mobile speed cameras can, by their very nature, be set up almost anywhere. Your best bet is to keep to the speed limit, use a decent speed camera database, and if the speed cameras use radar then possibly invest in a decent radar detector. If the speed cameras use laser then a radar/laser detector is a waste of time.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: