Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Different alerts for different scameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Different alerts for different scameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAA_0928174033
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Different alerts for different scameras Reply with quote

I'm a very happy motorcycling CamerAlert android app user of years. Has run fine on most phones. But it would be hugely useful to set different alert sounds for different camera types. Specifically fixed vs mobile.
Is there a setting I'm missing, couldn't find anything in the manual or this forum, or is perhaps on a development roadmap.

Cheers
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you use the spoken warnings?

Y'know "Speed camera ahead, 30mph" etc, (Average speed camera, mobile camera, redlight camera, redlight and speed camera, unverified mobile camera)

I'm not an Android user, I'm iPhone and those warnings are available on the iPhone version.

Look at the manual here - http://www.cameralert.com/manual/?os=android

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Y'know "Speed camera ahead, 30mph" etc, (Average speed camera, mobile camera, redlight camera, redlight and speed camera, unverified mobile camera)

On a motorcycle?

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that France has banned earpiece reception in vehicles and on bikes and motorcycles. Some m/c helmets with fully integrated earpieces are permitted.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b33jay wrote:
DennisN wrote:

On a motorcycle?

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that France has banned earpiece reception in vehicles and on bikes and motorcycles. Some m/c helmets with fully integrated earpieces are permitted.

In which case should you be using CamerAlert in France? Wink

However, no, aside from using the spoken alerts (fixed speed camera, 30 miles per hour", "mobile camera zone, 50 miles per hour" etc and the different icons per camera type there's not an option for different alerts.
CAA_0928174033
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
b33jay wrote:
DennisN wrote:

On a motorcycle?

In which case should you be using CamerAlert in France? Wink

However, no, aside from using the spoken alerts (fixed speed camera, 30 miles per hour", "mobile camera zone, 50 miles per hour" etc and the different icons per camera type there's not an option for different alerts.

Yeah I've reverted to the shortened spoken warnings, shame though.
France? "you'll never take me alive, copper" Laughing
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
aside from using the spoken alerts (fixed speed camera, 30 miles per hour", "mobile camera zone, 50 miles per hour" etc and the different icons per camera type there's not an option for different alerts.

... but remember that people are not limited to the spoken alerts that PGPSW provide. People can make their own, or use others' ( or adapt them).

... I made my own, which work well, and are briefly spoken.

PGPSW alerts slowly recite "bong .. bong .. bong, .. fixed ... speed .. camera, .. 30 .. miles .. per .. hour".

Mine says briskly "bong-bong Gatso 30"

(or bong-bong Gatso 30 East if using Kremmen's directional pack).

You could alter the *bong-bong* alert sound of PGPSW (ie to differentiate between fixed and mobile cameras) - you can alter this in Audacity quite easily.
Anybody please send me a PM if you want my own alerts (free of charge and in a friendly Yorkshire tone).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: