Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A12 Rivenhall and Kelvedon - Average Speed Zone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A12 Rivenhall and Kelvedon - Average Speed Zone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duttonst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long-standing issue - it’s nothing to do with your 6100. My 5100 GO and iPhone show exactly the same problem, and I too have pointed out to TomTom that the first camera is on the wrong carriageway.

There’s a lot more detail on their support forum, here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/speed-cameras-158/a12-essex-northbound-specs-cameras-1019341

I also have a long standing email thread going with someone in their support team, but they seem to be incapable of fixing it.

Any extra pressure you can bring to bear would be appreciated as those cameras are very hard to see in the dark!
duttonst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I’m also following up offline, but I’m really losing patience. Rather than fix the problem their idea of customer service seems to be to grind you down until you can no longer be bothered. For me it’s spoiling what could be a pretty good product.
duttonst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the slow reply @JaTe, and thanks for the update.

Not sure if you've looked at TomTom's forum recently but they seem to have implemented my suggestion of representing the northbound cameras as a series of GATSOs, pending a fix to the software which will enable them to display it as a proper SPECs zone. I'm also being told offline that the "proper" fix has now been assigned to a development team in Poland, although I'll only believe that when I see an actual fix.

Completely agree with you regarding the accuracy of PGPSW vs. TomTom data but unfortunately I find TomTom the least flaky, least distracting platform for delivering alerts in my car so I'm continuing to try and make it work.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really care? Very Happy
duttonst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I care: given that it's over a year since this issue was reported it would be nice to have it properly fixed!

Anyway the good news is that, as of today, this is now supposed to be fully fixed by TomTom.

I'll be driving the A12 at the end of next week so will confirm then.
duttonst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm this is now complely fixed on my TomTom. Can’t believe how long it’s taken: must be close to 18 months sice this was first reported to them.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee, we can now rely on the accuracy of speed camera warnings on part of the A12, until they get changed by the council or police or whoever.

Maybe TT will update the M4 ones. Maybe they'll update the M4 ones on the built in devices which don't get updates, only new maps available to buy at extortionate prices. Maybe.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Yippee, we can now rely on the accuracy of speed camera warnings on part of the A12, until they get changed by the council or police or whoever.

Maybe TT will update the M4 ones. Maybe they'll update the M4 ones on the built in devices which don't get updates, only new maps available to buy at extortionate prices. Maybe.

...and maybe they will put the old working TT software on the new hardware. At least Santa is real or what do NORAD track every Christmas. If not then they spent a fortune on a radar that tracks errant ducks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: