Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Grmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Grmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbitseggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D Reply with quote

Was trying to sort out both but had almost given up on PGPSW. I would much prefer to use PGPSW as I have used them for years with my TomTom. I did follow the "Spoon Fed" instructions a few days ago but without success. The PGPSW (wave) files load successfully but I get a message to say the wave files are not compatible and have not been loaded. The PGPSW files (MP3) load successfully but I get no visible or sound warning. The Files are in the custom POIs and are ticked. Because I couldn't get PGPSW to run I switched to Garmin. I get Visible warnings and now a very very quiet tone. Driving at speed or with the radio on they will not be heard.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp3 files won't work. You must use wave files. Now you've sorted the sound issue try following the spoon fed version again. If you follow it then it will work.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using sox.exe which you must for .wav files, you have probably put it in the wrong place. It goes in the same folder as POILoader.exe which is usually found in c:\program files(x86)\Garmin\POILoader not in your working folder.
Delete the MP3s. They are of no use to you.
rabbitseggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Grmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D Reply with quote

I have put SOX.exe into POILoader.exe file and followed all the remaining instructions. I Get Congratulations you successfully.........Then a warning which reads "Unable to convert E:pgms cams wave/pocketgps_uk_gatso_wave" for all cameras.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. The filename is wrong. It should be something like E:\pgms cams wave/pocketgps_uk_gatso.wav and the .csv. bmp and .wav files should all be in the same folder.
Where has the _wave come from? Do you have 'File name extensions' switched on? There is nothing in the spoon fed saying that you should change any of the file names.
The .wav file must have exactly the same name as the .csv and the .bmp (apart from the .wav extension).
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

= you haven't followed the Spoon Feed tutorial exactly.

Computers are clever but they can't fix mistakes.

The filenames you quote are not in the tutorial. For example:

WAV is clearly marked:

Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
rabbitseggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D Reply with quote

I said earlier that I had somehow got into a technical page and was able to increase the volume of the warning tone. I am not sure that I did actually increase that volume. I found how I got into the page and I see the volume is back to 0. I entered the page by holding down the battery icon on the top right of the device for a few seconds. the page is headed "SW ver3.5 V4 M4V3 P10 16GB DW 128 Ma6 WBT DAB"

My preference is still to use PGPSW cameras so I am clearing the decks and starting from scratch I hope I will be successful.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd leave that page well alone Wink
rabbitseggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D Reply with quote

Hi Kremmem

The files I have downloaded from the PGPSW camera database are : Sat Nav System " Garmin POILoader" Camera Selections "Uk-Speed Zoned Complete" and " WAV: Male with no Prefix"

In the USB Drive (E) is a folder named pgpsw. In that folder there is the compressed zip file (16-032) and the unzipped content comprising of BMP files, Microsoft Excel files and WAV Files for all the cameras. it is this flouder I am using to load in to the garmin.

sorry about WAVE should be WAV
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually extracted the contents of the zip file or are you just viewing the contents?

Also, did you get sox.exe from our download at https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/downloads/sox.zip

MaFt
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can reiterate is to follow the 'Spoon Feed' thread, step by step and note the pictures and compare what you have with mine.

https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=97158

If it doesn't look the same then go back and correct it before moving on.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
rabbitseggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMt-D Reply with quote

Hi Kremmen

Thanks for all your help. It must be very frustrating dealing with people such as me.

Problem solved. All to do with how SOX.EXE was added to POILoader. I now have PGPFW cameras installed on my Garmin Drivesmart 61.

I have been for a drive around and passed a local gatso camera. I didn't get a warning or icon on the map (NE-Gatso 1422). I then drove passed a Red Light Camera (9205). I got a good verbal warning on approach but no visual indication of where it was. As I passed two sets of traffic lights before passing the camera it could be a bit misleading. I never had this problem with the tomtom files. My guess is that I still haven't got things quite right so I would appreciate a little more help.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you understand

So even though SOX is clearly explained in the above thread with a picture of it in the correct place ..........

Every issue you've had so far is already covered in the SF thread.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rabbitseggs The only time I don't get a warning of a speed camera is if I'm well under the limit. I can't recall ever not getting a warning for a red light camera, although note that direction instructions will take precedence.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
The only time I don't get a warning of a speed camera is if I'm well under the limit.

As I'm paranoid, I prefer to be warned even if I'm under the speed limit so I run CamerAlert on my iPhone in the background for audio alerts. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: