Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat Nav Confuses Hungry Man
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat Nav Confuses Hungry Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Sat Nav Confuses Hungry Man Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

Fast food became decidedly slower when a motorist decided to use his sat nav to help him find his next meal.

The motorist managed to get himself very confused when all he wanted from his trusty device was for it to take him to get a burger.

The hapless driver was looking for his nearest Burger King restaurant which his sat nav duly told him was less than 100 metres away.

He was in the vicinity of Manchester Airport so circled the terminals in search of his burger fix. He eventually gave up, pulled over and asked police officers for directions...

Greater Manchester Police posted the encounter on their Facebook page saying: "Lost driver at Manchester Airport following satnav to closest Burger King could not understand why he couldn't find it as he was shown to be less than 100 metres away."

They added: "Directions given. Park car, buy plane ticket, check in, pass security check area and Burger King is to the left near gate 210."

Source
email icon

kp40adman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: DOH Reply with quote

The real worry here is that he is allowed to be in possesion of a bunch of car keys !! Rolling Eyes
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never trust POI locations in your satnav. Google and TomTom are dreadful, and they seem to be the source for most others. I'm sick and tired of filling in reports and corrections.
Some days it feels as if there is someone purposely creating rubbish POI. Google now shows POI locations that are the private houses of company directors - presumably their registered office rather than their place of business. So near me there is a cookshop, a hairdressers, car repairs... but all of the actual locations are private houses.
I used to use the excellent pocketgpsworld POI database until my satnav made it far too difficult to update. Now I can't with the satnav built in to my car.

I feel great sympathy for the poor driver.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: