Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RupiManager
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RupiManager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: RupiManager Reply with quote

This app was first mentioned in this thread here back in 2013

It is available from the Google Play Store

Has anyone tried this and got it to work.

My TT 520 is coming up for 9 years old and while I have no problems with it at present I am trying to try other devices as my main navigation system just in case

The biggest issue I have with Sygic is the current version's (v15.0.3) management of POIs

Unless I am missing something I can see no way to edit/delete POIs or the imported categories

So I have tried to use the RupiManager (RM) to help me

My work category is added to on a weekly basis as I travel around and the way I do this on the TT is to Add the POI (without bothering about entering address etc), load it later into Tyre, make any necessary text and positioning edits and then resave the OV2 file.

I can find no way of doing this with Sygic, I can't even add the POI in the 1st place.

Using RM (free version) I can export a POI category to format suitable for editing in Tyre but I can not get it to Import the resulting edited version.

(BTW the free version will only export the 1st 10 entries but for experimental purposes this is acceptable)

Saving as a GPX file within tyre results in No POI file found in RM
Saving as KML in Tyre will list the POIS and a message states that [xx number] of POIS have been imported but when I look in Sygic they do not appear. I can look in the Settings, Points Of Interest, Imported POIs and they do not appear there.

I have tried using the same POI category name (it gives the warning that it will overwrite current file) and renaming the category but the end result is the same, no import

Has anyone tried this app and had any success or is there an alternative system which allows management of Sygic POIs

Have none of the wizzkids on here managed to write an Rupi to Text convertor and the reverse

The author of RM must have aquired the format of the rupi file from somewhere or else he reverse engineered it himself. I think he is Italian from what I can see from his website

Rick
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 views, no comments, feeling a bit of a loner here Laughing

I have been expecting too much of this app.

I originally thought that when I used the Import function it would import the required file (csv, gpx, or whatever) and then place it in the Sygic Rupi folder and then Sygic would automatically recognise it and use it

This is not the case, IMPORT only imports the file into RupiManager and from there you EXPORT to a RUPI file which you then manually copy to Sygic's own import folder and on start up you then get the usual "new database found" and import from there.

So using RM I can generate a file suitable for Tyre, edit in Tyre, import back into RM, Export to RUPI and then copy/paste to Sygic.

What a workaround just to be able to edit a POI

more experimentation required
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of work.

This post was more to let you know that we haven't abandoned you, it's just that I (we) have nothing to contribute. But, good luck though. Smile
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sygic have a rupi ' generator' program for PC. It takes the txt files from here and makes them rupi's for import. They will then end up in the custom POIs in Sygic. The main problem is, with their latest offering, is that you can't set proximity alerts for them like you could on previous versions. I have deliberately not updated my S5 because of this, so I can still import the PGPSW cameras and have the audible warnings. Sygic say that they will be including this facility in a 'later' update, but I'm not holding my breath. When they do, I bet they make a big hoo ha about it, when they had it in previous versions.
I posted a link some time ago to the previous version (14.3.4), the link still works.

Found it:
M8TJT wrote:

Just had an email from Sygic. The old android version can be downloaded from
HERE
and a new manual at
HERE
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT I have used the RUPI generator for other files but my hope was to be able to add a POI on Sygic (ie mark a location similar to the way in TomTom) then be able to edit it later, maybe adjusting the location slightly or editing the text name.

To do that I have to get the RUPI file from Sygic (they are not even named recognisably) be able to load it into either Tyre or POI edit and then transfer it back later

I was hoping to automate the process or at least only have to use the minimum amount of different software.
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the new version of rupi manager. Import rupi file go to edit then you can move them round on the map and re export to rupi format.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: