Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global positioning systems & GPS Warehouse
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global positioning systems & GPS Warehouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xrchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Global positioning systems & GPS Warehouse Reply with quote

Many internet retailers should take a leaf out of these 2 companies customer service standards.

Over the past 2 weeks i have made at least 5 orders between them and the service has been exemplary EVERY TIME.

They have both been as close to perfect as you can get.

I couldnt recommend ANY company more than these 2. Thumbs Up
xrchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMMMMMM!!

It appears i may have been to quick to praise Global Positioning Systems.

I have emailed them twice this week with queries and they have not bothered getting back to me. Been at least 3 days so far with one query.

Twice today i have tried to contact their Tech Support and on both occasions and have been on hold for over 20 mins. which i find awful, and have yet to speak to someone. :x

Contrast that with GPSWH who have got back to me within 2-3 hours on most occasions. Because of this i have made my main purchase from GPSWH. Thumbs Up
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xrchris,

I'm sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service you've received from Global Positioning Systems. This is not the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we have been working particularly hard over the last few months to improve the speed in which we deal with queries.

All I can do is apologise and say that if anyone has any such issues they can e-mail me directly on catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk and I'll do everything I can to help.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
Jacko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This company really needs to get into the 21st century with regards to to there telephone sales as it's virtually none existent.
After 4 attempts to contact GlobalPositioningSystems by telephone as i needed some advice about there Garmin 2610 and 2620 before placing an order. i have finally conceded defeat and will be looking elsewhere.
They must be doing pretty well in the sales department if they can afford to lose customers so easily.
It's a shame really because they seem to have a good reputation otherwise.

Jacko.
xrchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaint email sent at 4.51 pm today to your address as listed.

Lets see how long it is before i receive a reply and an acceptable resolution.
xrchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received an email in response to my complaint at 18.26, which happens to be the first email response i have ever had from GlobalPositioningSystems.

Not happy with the response as they could not even spell my name correctly and then blamed their lack of staff for errors. Sorry but your staff told me the wrong procedure to follow so the amount of staff you employ would not have rectified this.

I await a reply to my email response to see if they can resolve this issue which has been ongoing since 3rd July now.
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step by step - this could get really boring!
johnny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iplaced 3 orders with global positioning systems, 1 was okay and got the goods albeit taking 10 days to arrive, the 2nd order for a cable got lost in the post and took 4 weeks for global positioning systems to refund me and third one Im still waiting 2 weeks since ordering.

Phoning global positioning systems is a friggin' nightmare, Ive called 3 times and each call has lasted 1.5 hours and had to hang up, its costing a friggin fortune and I for one wont be using global positioning systems again if this is how they treat their customers!!!

Like xrchris, GPSW now have my business!
alan338
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny5,

Sorry mate, don’t believe you. If their service was so bad you must be the biggest plonker in the world to keep using them. Have you got a grudge against this company? To you work for one of their competitors?
I have used www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk three times to date. For authentication, my order numbers are 63708, 63739 and 65082. My first order was by telephone to their low cost number. It was answered within 5 minutes. The latter orders were directly via the web. In every case I have been impressed with the efficiently of their service. I was able to log in to their website to identify the status of my order every step of the way (Order received, Security Checks, Stock Level Checks, Payment, Picking, Despatch). However, I need not have bothered. Within 4 hours of placing all my orders I’d received a confirmation email that my order had been despatched together with a Royal Mail tracking number. In every case I received my goods next day.

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk retain my business.

Alan.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise I have used Global Positioning Systems many times and the only delays have been when ordering new products when they are not yet on the market.

I had an issue when you place an order with not in stock items and other items. By the time that the new stock arrives, they have sold out of the other items that they had in stock when you placed the order. This seems common from many retailers that they do not reserve stock for you unless they have all the items, unless you are willing to pay for partial shipment.

Technical Support were brilliant though, they arranged for the bits in stock to be sent, then they sent me a free used item for the out of stock bit so I could use my stuff until the new item arrived.

I would definitely use them again.
ARH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I needed to talk to them regarding a query with my order they answered staight away, the issue was dealt with in seconds, and the delivery was on my desk at 10 am the following day, 15 out of 10 for service
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used globalpositioningsystems for a few items - had to return one and got the replacement within 3 days - very satisified.

Currently waiting for a new powered mount and after a week emailed them for an update and got a reply within the hour (from Nicola) telling me the likely date of delivery. Not happy about the delay but can't fault this company at all.

Ian
daleholden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: What a refreshing change a UK company with a USA ethos! Reply with quote

Hi I will not string loads of sentences together, but global positioning systems is one of the best UK online companies I have dealt with. I ordered an item from the web and had it in 2 days with a saving of £30 as well.

The only problem was a technical issue with there online e commerce system. I had an online receipt of £53 but when I checked the online tracker my bill was £51 but if you downloaded the PDF format it was £68. I contacted the company and they apologised I got the items for £51.

I even got a freebie accessory as an apology all items shipped it 1 to 2 days.

Great company

PS No I do not work for them

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: