Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot SD Card Navigation System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot SD Card Navigation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not worth a new post; I've just joined and tried to install the Speed Camera Warnings, with audio, on my Merc Garmin Map Pilot (2015 C Class) using the Garmin POI Loader. Couple of issues noted to date; Icons rarely show for the POIs even though audio warnings do show. The content of the database seesm to be very hit and miss even on "well known" routes, for example A65 from Leeds to Ilkley. Any ideas? Finding it difficult to trust at the moment and am keen to understand where I may have gone wrong.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably you know how to submit new/missing cameras to earn yourself a year's free subs?
eban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, however, over the past 400 miles only about 10% icons have come up on the map so I don't know what is already recorded and what isn't. That's the issue.....POI icons not showing on the map.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course
Really? Then you will know that you have to click the big pointy yellow finger to the right of my last post which shows all the cams in the database on the map.
eban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointy finger pressed and a cloase Gatso (1383@30) should be showing but isn't. To make sure I'm not being a chimp Embarassed I've downloaded the UK version with MPŁ voice alerts etc; extracted to a folder; run the Garmin POI Loader, pointed it to the folder with the extracted files as a source; pointed to the Garmin/POI folder on the SD Card, with feet/mph and express option and pressed go. File created in the POI Folder. When I reinsert the sd card into the merc system, I get no custom POI option/folder/category within the POI folder and whilst the audible Ding Ding happens I rarely get the camera on the map. So....where might I be going wrong?
krisbean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Image format for speed limit signs on garmin map pilot Reply with quote

Hi

I have a Garmin map pilot in 2015 Mercedes. Thanks to the info on the forums here I have successfully loaded the pgpsw speed cam database and it works fine.

I just want to know is there a way to make the speed limit graphics look like the bmp files that are downloaded. When downloaded to computer they are realistic looking signposts. However these do not display on my garmin map pilot screen in car. A grey box simply appears with white normal text showing the limit and type ... I can live with this but just wondered if the file format of the images needs changing.

Thanks
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get any POI to work :-(
I am trying the free ones first to make sure I can make it work before I subscribe. I have followed all the guides and the POI loader says its completed, the new poi file is on the SD card, but nothing displays on the map in the car or is selectable anywhere I can see.

What am I missing?
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.
I have bitten the bullet and subscribed anyway.
I have downloaded the Speed Zoned database, created 2 folders (owing to 32 poi set limit) and used POILoader to create the file on the SD card.

On a test drive just now, I have a camera just up the road, I am getting an Audio prompt and the text box on the display but no icon on the map itself??

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Do I need to delete the file already in the POI folder? The actual Garmin one?

Thanks
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Image format for speed limit signs on garmin map pilot Reply with quote

krisbean wrote:
Hi

I have a Garmin map pilot in 2015 Mercedes. Thanks to the info on the forums here I have successfully loaded the pgpsw speed cam database and it works fine.

I just want to know is there a way to make the speed limit graphics look like the bmp files that are downloaded. When downloaded to computer they are realistic looking signposts. However these do not display on my garmin map pilot screen in car. A grey box simply appears with white normal text showing the limit and type ... I can live with this but just wondered if the file format of the images needs changing.

Thanks

I get no graphic at all!
:-/
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done 253 miles this morning on way to a job.
Database is not very good I'm afraid, very hit and miss, but mostly miss.
No icons are displaying what so ever (including the free ones) but I get an occasional beep and text warning on screen. The only issue is they don't correlate to any actual cameras, or almost all are missing?

I have done the full length of the roadworks on the M1 near Sheffield/Notts and it bleeped once half way through to say 'Gatso' (they arent, they are average speed) and then missed every single camera point I drive past. I am downloading and adding in feet/MPH, and speed zoned as per instructions.

Not very good, and I'm not very happy TBH, I don't pay for things I can't use/don't work.

Where do I get a refund?

My mate has a stand alone Garmin unit, I am going to make a poi file of free ones only and we are going to try the .GPI file I create in it tonight, if it does no better I want my money back.
:-(
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis1 wrote:
I can't get any POI to work :-(
I am trying the free ones first to make sure I can make it work before I subscribe.

Nemesis1 wrote:
OK.
I have bitten the bullet and subscribed anyway.

Nemesis1 wrote:
Not very good, and I'm not very happy TBH, I don't pay for things I can't use/don't work.

Where do I get a refund?

I'm the same with fish and chips - if they don't taste great, I won't buy them. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Database is not very good I'm afraid, very hit and miss, but mostly miss.
That's just plain b0ll0x. Very Happy

The PGPSW data contains loads of specs came between the A1 junction with the A38 and the junction with the M18 near Sheffield (at least 12 pairs plus a few mobile sites but no Gatso cams as far as I coud see). Take a look here. If you are not getting any warnings whilst travelling along this section of the A1, then I suggest that it's YOU not importing the data correctly, not the data itself. Please don't just bin the idea of the PGPSW database, come back and ask for help with the installation. I'm sure someone will help you get it up and running (If it can be done) and I'm equally sure that once you get our database up and running correctly on your SatNav, you will be more than happy about the quality of the data.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Darlington and back on Friday. On the M1 from the M18 south to Junction 27 there are average speed cameras (more than 20 miles of them), then the variable speed "Gatsos" for more miles, every one of them sickeningly reminding me of their presence.

And I've got to go that way again today, so I can assure you they ARE included in the database.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you both, it doesn't appear to be the database.
I have installed and am running the iPhone app (assuming it uses the same database?) and all the cameras are there. They just won't show on the sat nav in the car, I still get the occasional audio warning and text box, but only 3 of those on the entire trip to South Wales. And no icons at all (apart from the Merc built in ones) are displaying on the map, either the cameras or the free ones.

I will try making a file and running it on my mates Garmin unit (free ones only) to see if the issue is the with the Merc unit or not.

If it's the Merc then I suppose I will have to get use of my money by having the iPhone app running for a year and then cancel, or hope someone comes up with a method to get it working.

Do I delete the existing Garmin POI file? Or should it use both .gpi files in the POI folder?

If you delete the Garmin one, can you get the .csv file of those POI's anywhere as they are really good.

I am using Mac but doing it exactly as per all the guides and recommendations, is it worth trying to find a PC to make the POI file? (Don't know where though, my work and all my mates use Mac's, haven't been near a windows machine in years Laughing Out Loud)

It does appear to be a bit hit and miss in the Merc reading this thread, another user seems to be having the same issue. Has anyone got this 100% fully functional with icons and sounds? Other internet sources all suggest it can't be made to work at all?

Thanks.
And sorry for being grumpy, I've been on the road since 4AM and am a Yorkshireman, the thought of paying even 1P for something I can't use brings me out in a sweat! Haha Laughing
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a Laptop tonight and created the .gpi file on there.
Still no joy, no icons at all appearing on the map other than the Merc built in ones.

On the SD card there is a file named GarminDevice, it is a XML file and in it is the following entry:
Version
Path Garmin / Poi / Path FileName ECE_V12.0.gpi / FileName
VolumeName Interna l 0 VolumeName
OEMUpdateFile OEM UpdateFile
PartNumber 006 - D4033 - 11 PartNumber
Version
(I have deleted the HTML syntax so it will show on the forum)

Could this be the key? Either change the path or add to the 'update' line?

I also read in the sat nav manual that you can set option for the map layers, but I have tried every option in there to no avail.

:-/

Just want to get this working....
Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: