Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Text on Screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Text on Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntec87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: No Text on Screen Reply with quote

I have downloaded a copy of the database onto a stick and installed it into the Nissan Connect unit. My car is a new 2014 Qashqai. I looked into the myPOIwarnings directory and I can see the data has been downloaded.
However when I am driving along the built in connect warning sounds a bleep but there is no text message from the pocketgps system shown on the screen.
Has this happened to anyone else and if so how do I change it?
macthistle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: No text box? Reply with quote

Having same problem, have you been able to solve the problem? Any help much appreciated.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: NO TEXT Reply with quote

Same here;
an inconsequential beep, which you can't differentiate from the multitude that the QQ is giving, and just the camera icon if you happen to notice.

That assumes of course you're even showing map. Crying or Very sad

On Nissan Connect option you can't use voice warning option either, as it says when you select file type to d/load:
Available Voice Packs
There are no voice packs compatible with your system. If your system is able to use MP3, OGG or WAV files then please let us know!
neilmat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: connect 2 not showing text files Reply with quote

has anyone solved this issue yet only I have the same problem with my 2014 Qashqai. Beeps alone are insufficient detail.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Inadequate warning on Connect Reply with quote

I'd agree re inadequacy;
the comment posted above re MP3 files among others is odd, as obviously Connect does play MP3 music tracks.

Perhaps the IT wizards who produce the database can have another look at this problem with Nissan's (Bosch) system Laughing
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that this is an issue with the connect rather than the download - looks like a change for the worse. The beeps work but because you can't remove the built in database, a lot of cameras are giving double warnings and in urban areas, there are so many cameras that with double warnings, the beeps are so frequent that they become useless. Well done Nissan/Bosch!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: