Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat nav app with .gpx function, tracking and directions....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat nav app with .gpx function, tracking and directions....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclistbruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Sat nav app with .gpx function, tracking and directions.... Reply with quote

Hi,

I provide marshals and medics for cycling events. The routes are often available as GPX files. What I'm trying to find is an app that can allow you to follow a gpx route, see where other team members are and ideally allow you to have navigation off route. For instance, if I'm 20 miles along the route and then I'm told I need to get to the 80 mile point I'd like the app to do the satnav thing and work out a route!

Any ideas? I have been using Orux maps, but it doesn't do the routing particularly well....
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OsmAnd for the navigation by gpx files and Waze for knowing where the other members are. I'm not aware of one app that does all, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Also it may be worth checking out the "Ride with Gps" app for the navigation, they have a nice On-Line site with route planning and easy integration to SatNAvs/Mobiles.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked this one:
Easily track route, speed, distance, calories, time with audio alerts and much more!
+++++ -“Awesome - Easy to use and everything you'll need. Auto-stops when you're held up by a light. Sharing controls and a great flyover of the route when you're done. Also useful to find local routes from other riders.” - Atlstjohn
Basic and advanced ride tracking capabilities for novices thru competitive cyclists.
Track cycling, running and over 600 types of other activities with:
⊕ Speed (Avg, Max, Current)
⊕ GPS Route Mapping
⊕ Distance
⊕ Calorie counting
⊕ Elevation profile
⊕ Route navigation
⊕ Nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking
⊕ Real-time Stats (avg, min, max) during workout
⊕ Voice prompts that give you updates on your progress as you go!
⊕ Compete on local Courses: receive automatic achievements and overall rank on Leaderboards for popular local climbs and rides.
⊕ Tracks in the background so you can listen to music, take calls, and use any other feature of your phone, while still tracking
Bragging (optional!):
⊕ Post your workouts to Facebook and Twitter, or keep every thing completely private
All of your info syncs securely with your free account on http://www.MapMyRide.com.
Training and tracking features to suit recreational cyclists, bike touring, commuters, all the way through competitive racers. Great for training for group rides, century rides, and everything in between.
Visit http://www.MapMyRide.com to:
⊕ Search the world’s largest database of cycling, running, walking routes.
⊕ Join sponsored challenges and WIN PRIZES (i.e. trips and shoes) just for riding.
⊕ Connect with our community of millions of fitness enthusiasts.
⊕ Sync devices like CycleOps Joule, PowerTap, Fitbit, Nike+, Garmin, Polar, Timex, Magellan.
Tips:
⊕ Turn off wifi before you start, to improve battery life and GPS accuracy.
⊕ Explore settings, with many great features including auto-pause, audio alert settings and more.
--
Be sure to visit us at http://www.MapMyRide.com for the full experience.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: