Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - App UI update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

App UI update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAA_0119155032
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: App UI update Reply with quote

The current CamerAlert on Android is hopelessly based on the old Android framework (Gingerbread and lower), ie more than 2 years old.

I see that you guys quickly updated the iOS version, so do you plan to update the Android App to bring it on par with the modern Android design guidelines? (incl the bloody menu button in the right place?)

It seem to be stuck in a bygone era and frankly an eyesore!

Also needs

Blueetoth HandsFree profile

so that notification work via bluetooth to the car speakers.

(like the one of your rival Apps ... I shall not mention the name)[/i][/b]
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: App UI update Reply with quote

CAA_0119155032 wrote:
The current CamerAlert on Android is hopelessly based on the old Android framework. It seem to be stuck in a bygone era and frankly an eyesore!
Then why on earth would you even consider having such an eyesore on your device. You could always use this one
Quote:
(like the one of your rival Apps ... I shall not mention the name)
Or is their data not quite as good?
Quote:
(incl the bloody menu button in the right place?)
the menu button seems to be in the right place on my phone, bottom left 'hardware' button.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: App UI update Reply with quote

CAA_0119155032 wrote:
I see that you guys quickly updated the iOS version, so do you plan to update the Android App to bring it on par with the modern Android design guidelines? (incl the bloody menu button in the right place?)

Lovely approach that's not going to get our backs up and us off to a bad start. As mentioned in the newsletter (and I think also in the forums), this is something we are working on.

And, really, is not having the menu wasting space in the top of the screen *that* much of an issue? Personally I'd rather have more screen space for the app instead of wasting space with a 40px menu bar along the top.

CAA_0119155032 wrote:
It seem to be stuck in a bygone era and frankly an eyesore!

We prefer function over form.

CAA_0119155032 wrote:
Also needs

Blueetoth HandsFree profile

so that notification work via bluetooth to the car speakers.

(like the one of your rival Apps ... I shall not mention the name)[/i][/b]

Already has it.

Out of interest, what is the rival app? How's their database and their update schedule and their openness? Or doesn't that matter if the menu is 'in the right place'?

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: