Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: TomTom GO 6000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: TomTom GO 6000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topstee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that all new Tomtom Go's (at least) are now web based so I doubt if any of those will accept POI's now.
I have a Go5000 and have to supplement it with a free update for life Snooper. I want to keep my licence and Tomtom's camera database is completely a waste of time.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with your speedometer?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
timtech
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Go750Live is playing up more and more. I was going to get a 6000, but....... No POI's no deal. TomTom can FRO and I'll get Garmin.
Topstee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tired Old Man must think he's on a Speedometer web-site (are they still being used now we have GPS?) Smile
Tripleh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to buy a new TT and fancy the 5000 or 6000, is there any differences, besides size, between them? AND is there any way to put the camera poi's on them yet? Thanks in anticipation
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: BUYER BEWARE Reply with quote

The 6000 is a bit like a news report on the tele this week about car reliabilety. Mercs BMW AND porche didnt do very well regarding reliabilety this latest servey. So just because you may have the top range top mark does not mean you will have the best operating machine. THE TOM TOM GO 6000 is exactly that. Very dissapointing and STILL NO THIRD PARTY POI. Saying that it works and l have not had any issues with updates as others. It gets me to places l want to get to and l have used several stop of points enroute to get me on the routes l want which AVOIDS PART OF ROUTE IN EFFECT. NOT HAVING THIRD PARTY POI STILL AFTER SUCH A LONG TIME HAS MADE ME AN UNLIKELY FUTURE PURCHASER OF TOM TOM. Exclamation
shinydoc
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: At Last Custom POIs Reply with quote

Apparently, I have just downloaded the latest update for my 5000 and it will now allow you to update POIs in OV2 format.

I am sure that there are limitations, but can't see any Camera Database instructions and or limitations?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@shinydoc
www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=95647
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
harleybuell1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, I'm not great with tech, but, looking at the TT help site......

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19639/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDM2NjkxNzExL3NpZC9XcVIqSjlybQ%3D%3D

Does the link mean POI's can now be loaded onto 6100's? it says a limit of 2MB but doesn't make it clear if this is a total limit or per upload?

Have had TT's for years but would not be without my GPS World camera's, if that is the case I will go to another manufacturer
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can and you can navigate to them as a POI. As I understand it, the bit that's missing from the info on the TT site is that you cannot get proximity warnings. That makes them less than useful as a speed camera warning device.
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Poi on go 60000 Reply with quote

At the moment poi for speed cameras is basical useless on my 6000. They can only be loaded as an ov2 so you have no proximity warnings and they are hopeless along your route. The general use of 3rd party poi is far from good. Although l have some loaded if you search they wont come up included in the tom tom search as tomtom poi do. So you have to go on my places and pick from there. Even then if you select near destination or on route they are not picked up in any saticfactory manor. So in all rubbish still. I am also of the opinion l will be going with another manufacturer if at all for another satnav. I have had to download a smaller.map to gain space even though having a 16gb sd card and the device kept crashing when navigating. I havnt used it for more than a week at the moment with the lesser map download so lm waiting to see if it still crashes. TBH its not been fit for purpose.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: