Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Crashes every 20 minutes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Crashes every 20 minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Newsletter, dated Jan 10th, 2014

Quote:
Android users will be delighted to hear that we're devoting some time to a long overdue update of CamerAlert for that platform. We're currently working to harmonise features across both platforms, fix some bugs and refine the UI.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Very Happy IoS has a new app, roll on the new Android one. I don't get the newsletter, so didn't see that.
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Crashing Reply with quote

I did a 120 mile round-trip yesterday with all options turned off, map turned off and just showing the camera list. Not one crash.

The only other issue is that whatever volume I set the warnings to (loud / soft / individual etc.) it comes thru the radio at full volume!

Looking forward to a new update . . . .

Jeff
nicksmithassociates
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Camera App on Samsung S4 problem Reply with quote

I have had a problem for some time with the Pocket GPS app. I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.3 but it had the same problem on the previous version of Android too.
The fault is very intermittent some times it works fine for a journey of 2 hours, other times it crashes after 20 minutes as other have said but once it crashes it keeps crashing. A device reboot helps.
I have my settings set so that is shows me the map the default distance from the camera. The problem seems happen on switching from the list to the map. Sometimes I find the list of cameras ghost onto the map.
I have noted more recently it has start to as if I want to report the problem after a crash so clearly there is some kind of error trapping introduced in the last 3 months!
Happy to test a beta if that helps, you have my details?
ecm3d
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Post subject: Camera App on Samsung S4 problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the S4 with 4.3 and previous version, it stops working with the same message.

I used to get the same problem with my old Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro but I put that down to the phone.

I also suffer (on both of them) from the map not showing from start up or map turns off during operation, see the camera's but no road map.

Sorry I'm not very technical, hope this makes sense!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: