Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI's and Sound Problem on a 720 with TRUCK map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI's and Sound Problem on a 720 with TRUCK map
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: POI's and Sound Problem on a 720 with TRUCK map Reply with quote

I have Tomtom Truck on SD card and put it into my 720. I have my poi's and PWGPS Speed Cams on the satnav on the internal memory but Truck does not see them.

Can anyone please give me a rough guide on how I get them onto Truck or at least get Truck to see them. I've looked at the files on the Truck sd card and can't see a map folder like on the internal memory, ie. Western Europe.

Also noticed that it navigates okay but I don't have any spoken directions. Voice is selected and sound turned on to use satnav speaker.??????????

Any help appreciated.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just grabbing at straws, but is the Sound Volume turned up to max?

The Map Folder will be the largest Folder on the SD Card. What is the Map called when you use Mange Maps - Switch Map?

The POIs and Cameras will need to be placed in the Map Folder on the SD Card to work with the Map there.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the spoken directions working by copying the Voice and Loquendo folders from the internal memory to the sd card.

The map is called Europe-Truck. Can't find a folder on the card with that name, unlike Western Europe on the internal memory.

I copied the poi folder from the internal to the card in the hope that this would work but it didn't. I really need my PWGPS speed cams and poi's like Keyfuels and Industrial Estates to link in with the truck card.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the largest Folder on the SD Card, other than the Loquendo Folder?

mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voices at 57.5mb
ASR at 17.2mb
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your POIs (including the PGPSW speed cams) need to be in the SPECIFIC folder for the map you are actually using.

So if the map on the SD card is in a folder called "Europe-or-whatever" then the POIs need to be in there too.

Just copy every .ov2, .bmp and .ogg file across into that folder and then do the "Warn when near POI" setups again in the TT's "Manage POIs" menu.
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the strange thing Andy, there doesn't appear to be a folder that the map is in otherwise I would have put them all in there????
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: POI's and Sound Problem on a 720 Reply with quote

Note to self... Next time try actually READING what the person has said already.... Embarassed

mikeshe wrote:
I've looked at the files on the Truck sd card and can't see a map folder like on the internal memory, ie. Western Europe.

Hmmm... that DOES seem strange.

Some detective work needed:

1. Are you sure you are actually running a truck map, or is it just the truck software?

2. What maps are listed in "Change map"?

3. If you create a new POI category on the device itself (call it something like "Test") can you then find it on the internal memory or on the SD card by doing a Windows xplorer search for it? If so, where is it?
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off to work now, will have a look later.
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: POI's and Sound Problem on a 720 Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Note to self... Next time try actually READING what the person has said already.... Embarassed

mikeshe wrote:
I've looked at the files on the Truck sd card and can't see a map folder like on the internal memory, ie. Western Europe.

Hmmm... that DOES seem strange.

Some detective work needed:

1. Are you sure you are actually running a truck map, or is it just the truck software?

2. What maps are listed in "Change map"?

3. If you create a new POI category on the device itself (call it something like "Test") can you then find it on the internal memory or on the SD card by doing a Windows xplorer search for it? If so, where is it?

I assume I'm running a truck map because when I go to "Switch Map" I have a choice of Europe Truck or Western Europe.

I created a new POI Category, even created a poi within that category. Each time a screen message confirmed its creation. I was able to select it on the satnav to navigate to it. Using Windows Explorer I searched every folder on the internal memory and the SD Card and it wasn't showing in either????????? Really confused now!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a little program you can download from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/drivez.html

When you run the program you can copy a Listing of any Folder to the Clipboard. If you run it and navigate your way to the SD Card, it will List all that is on the SD Card

Then you only need to Paste in your next Post.

It's a simple, but effective, tool and we can see if there any obvious clues there.

mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little play around just now and found that if I put the sd card directly into the card reader of my laptop and let TT Home fire up and use the Manage my Go option I can select poi's to install from the computer.
I tried this option and found some poi's that I had installed on the internal memory and was able to put these on the card.

The trouble is that doesn't help with the speed cameras, although they're poi's they don't show up in that category.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeshe wrote:
I tried this option and found some poi's that I had installed on the internal memory and was able to put these on the card.
... and can use/see them when the SD Card is in the Unit?

mikeshe wrote:
The trouble is that doesn't help with the speed cameras, although they're poi's they don't show up in that category.
Don't show up in which category?

If you have the camera files (that you can put on to the internal memory), you should be able to do the same on the SD Card. Confused

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... PGPSW camera files should behave exactly like any other POI files, because that's just what they are.

But this missing map folder is still a bit of a mystery. Anyone else using a TRUCK map who can chip in and help?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case it's something silly like hidden folders, when you look at the folders via Explorer, have a look in Tools - Options - View and ensure that you have "Show hidden files and folders" selected.

I'm on XP at work so not sure where to find the option in Vista or Win7 but it should be similar.

While you're there, untick "Hide extensions for known file types" if ticked so that you can see what the files are really called.

Gerry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: