Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ENABLING POI ALERTS ON TOMTOM "START"/"EASE&a
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ENABLING POI ALERTS ON TOMTOM "START"/"EASE&a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnielow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: ENABLING POI ALERTS ON TOMTOM "START"/"EASE&a Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a oldish tom tom start regional with map version 890.4222 oh really old I here you all say. I bought it to replace my aging tom tom one 3rd edition and wished I had not bothered!. I failed to research that my start has the easu menu with no extra menus to manage poi's/alert poi's!.

I have today been trying to sort this out by adding text file tomtom.mnu into an sdkregistry file and putting into the root of the start-tried that and nothing. Does anyone know is my start to old for this change to take place?, is there another way of sorting this out? Can I cannabalise some of the files from my one 3rd edition?

I am close to chucking the thing out the window!!!

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks

Jason
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the info in this link??

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81295

or here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, it SHOULD be possible for that model.

I realise you've already been reading about the custm menu file, but have you seen this old topic?
TomTom start + SDK mnu allowed?

There might be something in there that will help.

On a general point, it would be great if any other user of a START who has the camera database working would care to share their menu file. We could then keep it on the PGPSW site for anyone else that needs it, rather then for everyone to have to work it out from scratch.

Anyone able to help?
spudman72
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
On a general point, it would be great if any other user of a START who has the camera database working would care to share their menu file.

You could try this one (Simply unzip it in the root directory of the TomTom - it should create the directory and place the new menu file inside). I don't use it myself as I don't need it, but I originally created it for someone else who had a Start. It allows for POI warnings to be set and adds itinerary planning. Some features are lost (ie. can't add a map correction). From what I remember, the new menu can be deleted once the preferences are set, though you then lose the ability to change them, or access the extra functions (ie. itinerary). I cannot vouch for how reliable the POI warnings are as I never used it beyond a quick test.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thankd for that. there were certainly a few working examples around, but they were often buried in long mult-page topics where it was all being discussed and worked out.

As you say, there is no way to have some of the recent menu additions like the "help me" menu or map corrections, because some dolt at TT added those in a different way to the menus and they never got added to the text keyword list.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: