Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Small detector for VW RNS 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Small detector for VW RNS 510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polekat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Small detector for VW RNS 510 Reply with quote

I am looking for a small speed camera detector to work along side the VW sat nav headunit RNS 510, I have got the camera icons on the sat nav maps on the 510, but as of yet you can't get any audio warnings.
So I am looking for a detector that can be hardwired to the ignition that will come on automatic, don't need one with a screen as i am intending to conceal it somewhere in the dash or overhead console, I was looking for one with voice warnings not just a bing bong chime.

I first looked at the novus piccolo but having read further about it i found that the free database was crap & novus stopped trading with speed camera detectors last year, also looked at inforad, but these are of the bing bong type I think, I also looking at the snooper pantera but can't find a heck of a lot of reviews about that one.
The novus piccolo looked ideal first off, small, good voice warnings, good price, and free lifetime updates.

So any of you guys know of any others I could be looking at that would fit the bill.
Thanks Polekat.
andy912
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: speed cheetah Reply with quote

Hi,

you might be interested in looking at the speed cheetah c50

http://www.speedcheetah.com/

'C50 voice alerts are amazing! It’s the only camera locator in the world that can tell you not only what kind of camera is coming up but also if the camera is on the motorway, the dual carriageway, the motorway exit, a side road, the city street, in the tunnel, after the end of the tunnel, on the flyover, in the school zone, in the construction zone or near the bridge ahead.'

I did have the device myself for a few days but had a few problems with the database being a little out of date so sent it back, however i must say the customer service I received was excellent.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: