Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPhone 5 Mapping and Tom Tom Sound Conflict
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone 5 Mapping and Tom Tom Sound Conflict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sg16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: iPhone 5 Mapping and Tom Tom Sound Conflict Reply with quote

I hope I am raising this in the correct area and apologies if it has come up previously.

Since moving over to an iPhone 5 and reloading Tom Tom / Speed Camera successfully I have had a problem in getting sound out of TT. This problem may also be related by me also connecting my phone by Bluetooth to the car radio system. Simply doing this and then selecting a route in TT means I get neither voices or phone connection.

I have found however that the new Apple maps seems to control where the sound goes. If I put a route into Apple maps first it comes up with a bluetooth logo with two options, 1. car system or 2. iPhone. It always defaults to the car system (which never works anyway) If I select the option for iPhone then go back into TT and create a route everything works fine. I can then clear the route in Apple maps so I don't get two lots of directions and everything continues to work.

However as you will guess this is very time consuming and fiddly and if I stop the car and then move again I have to go through the whole process again! Wife not happy Evil or Very Mad

I hope I have explained this adequately and would be very grateful for any advice on overcoming the problem. I don't know if it is an iPhone/Apple maps or TT problem. I am in the UK running up to date software on iPhone and TT.

Thanks

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: