Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help for changing Navcore application on GO950Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help for changing Navcore application on GO950Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Help for changing Navcore application on GO950Live Reply with quote

I'm quite embarrased to ask this, but just attempting to change an application on my old GO950Live using Explorer. I used to have a 'How To' paper but of course cannot find it.
I'm sure there used to be a help paper in this forum, but cannot find that either. Must be getting senile.
I have found the TOC file, but cannot find the CAB file to remove. Guidance please Confused
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that you wish to change the Navcore?

If so, the TOC file is not normally found on the Device but on the PC. Confused

The CAB and TOC files are usually found in the Folder specified in Preferences in HOME.

The Navcore on the 950 are usually the files in the Root of the Device, and can be manually deleted by Explorer.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Do you mean that you wish to change the Navcore?

If so, the TOC file is not normally found on the Device but on the PC. Confused

The CAB and TOC files are usually found in the Folder specified in Preferences in HOME.

The Navcore on the 950 are usually the files in the Root of the Device, and can be manually deleted by Explorer.

One more post, Richard for your 10k!

Thanks for response:
1.Yes, I want to change the current application.
2. Yes, I did find a TOC file in the device root files - removed it and device does not notice its removal.
3. Yes, I want to replace the application but could not find it. I thought Mike A had at one time posted a How To in the FACS, but could not find it. Just being lazy and will have to dig deep in memory (mine) and put some effort in to doing the job rather than being lazy.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the guides I wrote a while back, same principles apply just the links will be wrong for a 950, once you have the CAB file for the Navcore you want simply follow the instructions to put it on the device - You don't need the TOC file that's something that the useless TomTom Home uses:

This will take your device back to Navcore 8,010 - if you want/ need the 8,300 or 8,301 on your nav unit please perform the following then use TT Hime to update the software on the unit.

The Navcore 8,010 software is still available from the servers at TomTom:

For Go x20 devices click Here

For Go x30 devices click Here

As always backup the unit BEFORE trying any update/ roll back just in case it goes wrong, to use this software your maps must be version 810 or earlier, if you try running Navcore 8,010 with a version 815 map installed when the device boots up you will get the "No Maps Found" message on the screen.

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the file :

navcore_8.010.9369.gox20 for Gox20
navcore_8.010.9369.gox30 for Gox30

Depending upon which one you downloaded and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,010 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,010 and when you go the Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences you will have the FM Tx option back - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Mike. Have PM'd you. Just what I wanted.

PS Later: All fixed and working OK. Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: