Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The option to update UK safety cameras has disappeared
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The option to update UK safety cameras has disappeared
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
Am I missing something here? I may well be reading something into those Tomtom e-mails that isn't there....

It seems to be indicating that Tomtom haven't released any recent updates for the UK safety cameras (and I presume this is why they haven't appeared alongside other European countries when I connect to Home).

So it's not a glitch with Home, but a degradation of an already poor safety camera service for UK subscribers. Does that seem about right?

That's exactly how it sounds to me too!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually quite surprised that any member here still uses the TT safety cameras !!!
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have to admit to having the same thoughts. But I suppose that if someone buys something and that something is supposed to do something, then then I also suppose the owner of that something has every right to expect it to do the something that the thing is supposed to do regardless how well/badly it does/does not do it Shocked .
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooooooo glad that I do not have to put up with this awful "support" any more.

TT are already loosing a fortune, all this is just going to make it worse. Rule one; if you know you have got a problem say so and tell people how you are dealing with it. People are not stupid and bluff and lies merely winds loyal customers up. It is one of the reasons why I stopped using TT. That and their idiotic refusal to provide an Android App.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this web site for the camera's !!
i'm only standing my ground with tomtom as they have the cheek to say it's part of the live services and they are charging people for this.
why should people be paying for a service that they are no longer providing, i can't see tomtom saying we will refund all are uk customers and reduce the cost of the live services.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the TT safety cameras because I know how rubbish they are. However, as M8TJT has rightly pointed out, Tomtom should be providing the service we are paying for.

If anything I'm more frustrated by TT's denial of a problem existing than by the problem itself. If that makes sense Smile
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom are now really taking the p*ss, they have just sent me this email .
i just sent them a email asking them if they are taking the p*ss, i pointed out that as they have my phone number they should call me ,especially as i'm paying for the live services and the problem is with them not my unit.

i get the feeling that this sarah ain't got a clue and she is trying to pass it onto some else

Thank you updating your incident. This is Sarah from TomTom Cusomer Support.

Having looked at your query further, I would request you to call us on our phone support. This is to ensure that we resolve your query in the quickest and most effective way.

In order to discuss this issue we would like you to call us so that we can discuss over the phone.

You can contact to our phone support with the same case number .Phone Support will be able to discuss this issue further and look into the details.

Please contact us by using the telephone number given below:

Tel: 0845 161 0009

You can reach us on this number Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. UTC

With Best Regards,

Sarah
TomTom Customer Support Team
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
I use this web site for the camera's !!
i'm only standing my ground with tomtom as they have the cheek to say it's part of the live services and they are charging people for this.
why should people be paying for a service that they are no longer providing, i can't see tomtom saying we will refund all are uk customers and reduce the cost of the live services.

This is EXACTLY my own position. (which equally applies to HD Traffic).

May I just remind everybody of what I said on page 1 of this thread...
Quote:
But I have to say I think the recent improvement to cameras Over The Air has had the usual TomTom developments effect of clagging the system and they've all gone wrong. By which I mean a different wrong from the wrong the TT cameras always have been.

Now, I received my new (refurbished) GO550 Live on Wednesday and after spending the evening setting it up I was able to test it a bit for cameras yesterday and today. It DOES have some M4 average speed cameras at Bristol - none of them in the correct place and some with correct icon, others with wrong icon. It also seems to have average speed cameras at A14 Cambridge. I have not tested for M4 Newport. It does still have the Gatsos on A420 just east of Swindon, which were bagged a century ago and haven't been used since - we took them out of our database that long ago (after Swindon said they were doing away with speed cameras).

It did download an update for UK Premium cameras from Home during the setup. The version number is 21711, which is no different from the version number given to me by Ditte a fortnight ago. I repeat, I think they've jiggered the system and any minute now, my cameras may disappear again.

May the good Lord watch over all those who use TT speed cameras. Joker

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use pgpsw speed camera database, so I don't use tomtom speed cameras, but since updating tomtom home2 I get offered speed cameras in France. I don't have European maps, just UK and USA maps.
Latest home update and map update have been nothing but hassle for me, but thankfully we can get some excellent help from pgpsw gurus... Very Happy
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...........and STILL no response from Ditte on the TT discussions board!
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a long ongoing exchange with TT CS about the lack of UK speed camera updates.

Excerpt from one earlier e-mail says.... "As explained that safety camera services are included in Live services, you will receive safety camera updates for your device.

We would request you to please update your device once in a week, so that if any time the update is available, it would be offered to you.

Please be assured that as no safety camera updates offered to you for download, this means that your device is updated, and whenever updates are available, you will receive them for download on TomTom Home."

BUT the latest email says..."We would like to inform you that these cameras are updated over the air so the files received from TomTom HOME are inconsequential when driving as long as live services are working."

So at first I'm told I have to connect the PND to Home at least once a week to get my safety camera downloads, and then I'm told the Home updates are "inconsequential" and the updates come "over the air"

So which is it? I'm aware that their mobile safety camera data is supposed to update OTA (I have no idea if it actually does), but I thought that the fixed safety camera data was only delivered online via Home (or MyTomtom for the new TTs).
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure how the fixed cams are MEANT to work is old/NAV2 devices need to connect to TTHome but the new NAV3 devices (if "live") get them updated over-the-air or via MyTomTom in non-live devices and mobiles are OTA for all live devices
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT CS rep is obviously well aware that I've got an 550 Live using Home, so this guff from them about 'inconsequential' Home updates is just rubbish.

I'm waiting for a reply to my most recent e-mail to CS asking for clarification on what they've told me.

I really do feel as if I'm totally wasting my time with TT customer services. I've asked for the matter to be escalated to Level 2, which they apparently haven't done - it's still the same person dealing with me (is that normal?).

I've then asked for the matter to be treated as a complaint, and forwarded to a supervisor. Nothing changed, and still same original rep handling the matter.

I'm not a happy bunny Crying or Very sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
May the good Lord watch over all those who use TT speed cameras. Joker

Because I don't, and anybody who relies on the TT camera database is playing with fire!

I only take up this complaint because it's another string in my bow against the bad service we are now getting for Live Services. With HD Traffic failing, there really is only one part of Live Services worth the subscription and that's Google Search. And from what I hear, TomTom are on the brink of dumping that in favour of their own version of it (already, they are talking of "TomTom Places" where Google is given only a brief mention - just watch out for the software update which changes the icon to something other than Google).

They could scotch this complaint about cameras very quickly by a software patch to have the device tell you the date of the latest camera update, or even occasionally flash up an annoying interrupting window saying "Downloading Speed Cameras" or "Speed Cameras Updated". They could scotch a lot of complaints by being more informative and transparent. But I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a final response from Tomtom about this. I should point out that TomTom are well aware I'm using Home with a TT 550 Live, so there is no mistake about what Tomtom are telling me here....

"This is XXXXXXX from TomTom Customer Support.

Thank you for your email update.

From your email, I would like to inform you that as you are in UK and have Live services on your device, you will receive updates from over the air for UK safety camera files.

So please be assured that cameras are updated over the air so the files received from TomTom HOME are inconsequential when driving as long as live services are working.

If you have any further query, Please feel free to contact us again. I will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

With Kind Regards

XXXXXXX
The TomTom Customer Care Team"

This information contradicts what the same person told me earlier in the same e-mail exchange.

Do ALL the TomTom UK Safety Camera updates for the Live PND's that use Home now come OTA? Does anyone have any idea if this is actually the case?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: