Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Line Out - not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Line Out - not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Line Out - not working Reply with quote

i have a 540 with v8.371 Navcore and an Active dock with ipod and Line Out sockets. I have connected a cable with 3.5mm jacks to the active dock and my car's Aux in socket. On the TT Menus i have selected Line-Out for the Speaker option.

However when i try it the spoken commands just come out of the TT speaker not the car's stereo. On the car i have selected Aux as the Media type and it is enabled in the stereo menu (Skoda Octavia FL 59, Bolero stereo).

The cable was just something i had lying round the house. It has green colour on the connectors and i believe it is a stereo one (the pin has 3 silver sections).

Any ideas why it doesn't work anyone?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this ever worked or first time you tried??
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Has this ever worked or first time you tried??

First time i've tried.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those docks permanently fitted in the car, so I could check tomorrow, but I also have one of the RDS-TMC windscreen mounts (that include the line out and iPod sockets) on my desk in front of me, so I tried it with a GO 940 on v9.430 software and a GO 950 on v9.0621

It worked on both.

Although there's no reason I can think of why the audio output routing shouldn't work on your software, is there any reason why you're still on such an old software version?

One thing I noticed is that if the speaker preferences are set to line out, but the unit is not on the dock, the audio still comes from the internal speaker, and also if you unplug the cable from the socket on the dock, the audio returns to the internal speaker.
You can also use a set of headphones in the line out socket (it's fixed volume though). This should allow you to do some more experiments without having to sit in the car.
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried another cable and now it works! This cable has black cylnder shape components at each end of the cable a couple of inches before each connector, not sure if that is significant or maybe the original cable was damaged internally.

Now i have another problem: All the sound comes from the Car stereo now except for the hands-free phone call! This is especially frustrating as it is the main reason i was trying to do this in the first place - volume on calls always not loud enough at motorway speed (yes the vol is adjusted to max during the call).

The reason i'm on v8.371 is because i use HD traffic a lot and i found the v9.058 miles too slow to get the traffic on the device (typically 6mins from switch on/reboot) and this delay would also occur if the device restarted itself or lost/reconnected to the Live service. So having tried both i find v8.371 easier to put up with.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing you can do about the poor handsfree performance, the unit will only let the handsfree audio come through the built in speaker, even the hack that was worked out years ago for the x10 range to get the audio out via the socket for handsfree was closed down by TomTom.

I got that fed up with dropped calls, poor audio volume etc I fitted a dedicated Bluetooth handsfree kit to the car and just use that these days - Mike
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRCC wrote:

The reason i'm on v8.371 is because i use HD traffic a lot and i found the v9.058 miles too slow to get the traffic on the device (typically 6mins from switch on/reboot) and this delay would also occur if the device restarted itself or lost/reconnected to the Live service. So having tried both i find v8.371 easier to put up with.

I have just had my 940 replaced because of this fault. It took a long time, see a thread from someone else who also did this, Go540 My Live Services works now, but I no longer have this problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: