Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - cant install speedcam files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

cant install speedcam files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooldood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: cant install speedcam files Reply with quote

just updated my 1005 and now i cant install any files Shocked it just keeps telling me... the file does not fit on your device, you can make space by removing other files from your device. Any one getting the same or a way to fix this ?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to delete the database files that are on it already?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth trying Darren's suggestion to maximise the space BEFORE you attempt to add more, but this has been a known bug with the Go1000/1005 models.

If you look at Manage content, does it look completely full or is there enough space showing on the bar graph? I've had it where there is supposedly about 160MB free, but it wouldn't let me put a 25kB POI file on there.

The LATER 1005 models are SUPPOSED to use an installed SD card as simple extra storage (and POIs are not map-specific any more, so if you have one of those you MIGHT find it lets you add the files if you give it an SD card to play with. It didn't work for me though, I had to get TT to remove something (special case though...)

Older Go1005's didn't have an SD card slot at all.

Last edited by Andy_P on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cooldood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if its relevant this is the uk/europe Go1005

on the add content page it shows 0MB free!! on the manage content page it shows 18.6MB free/used 3705MB. did a reset last night deleted everything i had put on it and still the same. just plugged it in and it tells me my maps are 14 months old even though i had recently updated them.

on the about my device page it shows.
App 12.035.991250.74 (0) (2012, 16/6/2012), OS 981015
GPS 2.18.903 127792 , BOOT 534808
UK map 870.3404

Hope this isnt Tomtom being @~?£$ due to me not renewing my live subscription Rolling Eyes Looks like i will be calling them. Evil or Very Mad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you just confirm that there NO user content on there any more, and can you also check the full name and version of the map installed...

I'm a little concerned where you first say it is a "uk/europe Go1005" but then say your map is "UK map 870.3404"

The fact it's telling you your maps are 14 months old is making me think you maybe had Europe mapping originally, but have bought an update UK ONLY map.

If that's the case, you may well have used up too much space and will need to move one of the maps (presumably the old Europe one) off the device. You can check if that's the case by going to "Switch map" in the settings menu.
If you need to remove one, you should be able to do that in My TomTom's "Manage Content".

Please can you let me know if that's the case as I want to pass this on to TomTom.

Last edited by Andy_P on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
cooldood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Can you just confirm that there NO user content on there any more, and can you also check the full name and version of the map installed...

I'm a little concerned where you first say it is a "uk/europe Go1005" but then say your map is "UK map 870.3404"

The fact it's telling you your maps are 14 months old is making me think you maybe had Europe mapping originally, but have bought an update UK ONLY map.

If that's the case, you may well have used up too much space and will need to move one of the maps (presumably the old Europe one) off the device. You can check if that's the case by going to "Switch map" in the settings menu.
If you need to remove one, you should be able to do that in My TomTom's "Manage Content".

Please can you let me know if that's the case as I want to pass this on to TomTom.

The only poi of mine I have left on there is the Tesco locations from this site that have been on there since just after I bought it.

The Europe map is Europe v890.4221
The UK map is United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of Ireland v870.3404

In settings I can choose Europe or UK and Ireland, I have never bought a map all I have done is update the unit through Tomtom home.

The Europe map is dated 4/2012
The UK map is dated 4/2011

On My Tomtom manage content I cannot see any way to remove either Europe or UK maps, there is nothing to choose under the heading "Actions"

Thanks for trying to help me
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the UK&ROI map as it's out of date and not required because the Europe map "should" cover the UK as well as mailand Europe.

I say "should" as it might have downloaded and installed a stupid zonal Euro map that doesn't include the UK, if this is the case you need to download and install a European zonal map that does include the UK - Mike
cooldood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Europe map does include the UK but as I said in the post above I can't find an option to remove the UK map.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: