Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brodit/Proclip mount for Galaxy Nexus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brodit/Proclip mount for Galaxy Nexus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Brodit/Proclip mount for Galaxy Nexus Reply with quote

I recently splurged for a Galaxy Nexus, and wanted to know which options I have for placing it safely into the car. I have used Proclip mounts since forever as I consider them the safest offering with a decent usability record (I did apply the Dremel to one or two of the minor details).

Here are the questions I posted to Proclip USA:

Quote:
How is Proclip (USA) handling mount design for devices that do not have a straight form factor (like the curved glass front on the Galaxy Nexus)?
Are there plans to provide a mount for the Galaxy Nexus in landscape mode? With the pogo stick contacts for car mode?

And here the answers:

Quote:
1. All our holders are made custom per device and we do adjust the design based on the curved lines. For the Galaxy Nexus we even have two designs since that there are two models on the market. One is slightly thicker (Sprint/Verizon) and required a new design for the custom fit.
2. All our holders have a tilt swivel and can be rotated between portrait in a landscape position. Besides the rotating the holder you can angle the holder as well.
3. Our holders are custom designed ProClip holders/mounts and they are not official OEM Car Docks. The some official OEM car docks have an added functionality built in to them that activates the car dock functionality while inserting the phone in the holder. We don’t have the relationship with all OEMS to get the schematics of each of those devices to implement this extra functionality. However, we are having this relationship with RIM and our Built for BlackBerry products will have the added functionality of automatically activating the Car Dock functionality. We recommend the following for Android users using our ProClip holders. “ When you go to your programs on your device you can place a short cut “Car Dock” icon on your main page. By tap and holding the “CarDock” icon you will place this shortcut on your home screen of the device. With just one tap you have your Car dock activated as well”

ProClip continues to improve and adapt to new trends, features and designs.

So I'll either go with the portrait micro USB slide-in mount, or I'll have a closer look at the unpowered Samsung mount and a pair of pogo sticks. Maybe another forum member has done something similar already?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: