Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I download my HD traffic purchase please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I download my HD traffic purchase please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: How do I download my HD traffic purchase please Reply with quote

tomtom XL Live IQ routes europe

my 1 year free live services are about to expire so i went onto the tomtom site and purchased a 1 year live services sub. i have paid and got an onscreen purchase order number.
it then says download my purchase thru tomtom home. connected to tomtom home and plugged my unit in but other than rebuying the live services for another £47.50 i cannot see where to download my purchase from.
i tried the 'update your device' button but it came up with nothing also.
on my device it now shows my live services extended by 14 days which presumably is to allow you that time to download it.
they sent an email that they have sent instructions to my registered email address but i can't access that as it is a fictitious address as i have 2 units registered on this 1 computer.
could some kind soul explain how i get my paid for sub onto this device.
many thanks as always.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no download to do. Your sub should just be extended by 12 months.

You can have more than one device on one computer but each one should have its own TT account / email address.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As SpikeyM says, there shouldn't need to be any download.
You can check if the subscription has gone through on the TomTom itself. Go to Main menu / Live Services and tap the "MyServices" button at the bottom.

That should give you the expiry dates for all your subscribed services (but be aware that in typical TomTom style they sometimes make a mess of it and list a particular service more than once with different dates!)

If the new date isn't showing anywhere, give customer services a call on 0845 161 0009 and get them to update it on their servers.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replies mike and andy.
i reset my device and it now shows the expiry date of aug 2013. so all seems ok.
i wonder why they confuse things by sending an email saying your download is now available, go to tomtom home to download your purchase?? Confused
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonygold wrote:
i wonder why they confuse things by sending an email saying your download is now available, go to tomtom home to download your purchase?? Confused
Because they are TomTom Shocked
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because that is one thing TomTom is very good at ........... confusing people with incorrect information, all over the place. Twisted Evil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha! As I read your last post Tony I immediately thought of exactly the same as M8TJT has just given you. Twisted Evil
Wannabyourhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when my first year Live services came to an end my Tom Tom Live told me offering renewal at 47 euro which I said yes to. Of course the email arrived it was the usual £47.50 which I paid and then the fun started. Curiously though it appeared that Live Services had been renewed they all stopped working. The first reset to factory defaults followed by logging on to my account resolved but then it happened again and this time I couldn't logon to my account on the Tom Tom. Contacted Tom Tom and though they never said they did anything a few days later another factory reset and hey presto I could connect to my account again and everything works once more. Renewals don't seem to be quite as straightforward as one might hope. I have found support to be helpful provided you're willing to wait a few days.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we learn the folly of using fictitious email addresses to register a TT device - they write to it!.

Wannabyourhero wrote:
I have found support to be helpful provided you're willing to wait a few days.
Tonygold found PGPSW support to be VERY helpful and he only had to wait a few minutes. There's gotta be a moral in there somewhere? Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: