Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap v. 5.6 for playbook
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap v. 5.6 for playbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
custerluca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Telmap v. 5.6 for playbook Reply with quote

All holders of the playbook with OS 2.0 can use Telmap Android v. 5.61b93 converted in file "bar" for playbook. To have Telmap on your playbook is an emotional experience. I advise you to try downloading it from here: http://www.4shared.com/file/1NpAJgty/TelmapNav.html?
colinsp65
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Telmap v. 5.6 for playbook Reply with quote

custerluca wrote:
All holders of the playbook with OS 2.0 can use Telmap Android v. 5.61b93 converted in file "bar" for playbook. To have Telmap on your playbook is an emotional experience. I advise you to try downloading it from here: http://www.4shared.com/file/1NpAJgty/TelmapNav.html?

As I'd already done the bits and pieces necessary to be able to side-load apps that are not yet available from bb appworld, - decided to give it a go.

(Running PlayBook with o/s 2.0.0.7971)

Took a little while to figure out the differences between the android and bb 9700 version I use, and first impressions are very good. It's a shame that it doesn't currently support the turn by turn voice announcement, as that was my main issue with the 9700 version, where it often tells you to turn after you should have already started the manoeuvre. I think this needs to be addressed simply because there are less experienced drivers who could panic, trying to brake and turn without having time to assess what they are doing, and either lose control, or have someone pile into the back of them. Some would just curse under their breath and find somewhere safe to turn around, or continue to let the program work out an alternative route.

Until the voice themes are implemented, I couldn't check to see if this issue is the same in the android version. What would be cool, would be to have a simple slider option that controls whether the announcement are sooner or later.

Apart from not having voice, the rest of it looks pretty damn good, and I should also say that I find the mapping detail to be better than some other products I've looked at, for example, a part of my route to work involves exiting a bypass using the left-hand land, then using a road that goes up and over the bypass to get to the other side. On two others I've tried, both have simply told me to turn right, which is not a good idea, as it's a fast piece of road, marked as a no right turn, and doesn't have a refuge area in the middle of the road to wait in until you get a gap in oncoming traffic. You'd have to bring your lane of traffic to a halt - in a lane that had just narrowed from dual to single carriageway.

When I first changed from the Vodafone Find and Go, to the Telmap beta version on the 9700, I didn't like all the extra options to bring up all the local content, however, that view is completely different when you actually start to use it, get used to it, and now think it's an invaluable addition to an already great app!

One thing I would like to see, is an info page that can perhaps show number of satellites in view, grid references (in several formats?). I do some emergency communications work with amateur radio, and this information can be extremely useful when we're out and about, so being able to bring up a page with the information on would be awesome, otherwise I'd have to close it down and open an alternative apply to get the same info, then close that and go back into Telmap....
Joe998
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Voice and Bluetooth Features Reply with quote

I have also downloaded the program and have been working with it for the past few days. I find the program far superior to Latitudes (Google GPS) and Magellan Compass for Playbook.

My only issue is that the Voice insturctions due not work at all and it would be nice to have the program use the interal Playbook GPS instead of having to Tether the Playbook to the phone.

I also found that I can not download any of the other Voice themes. I guess this problem could be related to the Voice turn by turn not working.

If anyone has any suggestion for getting Voice to work it would be greatly appreciated.
Joe998
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Message is Preventing TelMap from working on Playboo Reply with quote

I downloaded ver. 5.61b93 Bar for playbook a couple of days ago and am really satisfied and like the product greatly. However, this morning I tried to run TelMap and I got a message that an upgrade was available. I tried to download it but it would not down load.

I really need to use your program but right now, because it is saying that there is an upgrade, the program can not do anything. If there is an upgrade has it been converted to a Bar file and if so could someone send me the link to it so that I can replace my version with the newest one. If not, is there a work around so that I can continue to use the present version.

Thanks for you help.
colinsp65
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Message is Preventing TelMap from working on Pla Reply with quote

Joe998 wrote:
I downloaded ver. 5.61b93 Bar for playbook a couple of days ago and am really satisfied and like the product greatly. However, this morning I tried to run TelMap and I got a message that an upgrade was available. I tried to download it but it would not down load.

I've been trying for a while to convert the new Android version, but struggled to get the programs to work correctly.

Anyway, one of my work colleagues emailed me a copy that I have just successfully sideloaded, so I'm a happy bunny again.

I've uploaded it to my test website, where it's now available for download.

Sadly the sound still does not work, but it's still awesome without it.

http://www.colinspice.me.uk/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=39&Itemid=62

Enjoy!
Joe998
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Message is Preventing TelMap from working on Pla Reply with quote

colinsp65 wrote:
Joe998 wrote:

I've been trying for a while to convert the new Android version, but struggled to get the programs to work correctly.

Anyway, one of my work colleagues emailed me a copy that I have just successfully sideloaded, so I'm a happy bunny again.

I've uploaded it to my test website, where it's now available for download.

Sadly the sound still does not work, but it's still awesome without it.

http://www.colinspice.me.uk/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=39&Itemid=62

Enjoy!

I was able to find the new apk and successfully convert it. It now has sound also. It took me awhile to figure out the program but once I entered my starting point and destination, I then told it to give me the directions and the sound worked perfectly.

Still can not download any of the additional voices, but am a happy camper with the default.

If you need any assistance with it, i.e. getting the sound working send me a message and I'll send you what I did.
custerluca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Message is Preventing TelMap from working on Pla Reply with quote

thanks Joe998 for sharing your experience ;)
custerluca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update Driving .. Telmap Android version 5.61.94.01b03 converted file "bar" ... tested ;).. English only: '(...

here: http://www.4shared.com/file/gpowBQEq/Telmap_for_playbook_5619401b03.html?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: