Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 550Live - Application update....(v9.061)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 550Live - Application update....(v9.061)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: TT 550Live - Application update....(v9.061) Reply with quote

I connected my TT 550Live to TomTom Home this morning, and found that Home had an application update for my device. The ticky-box for this update was pre-selected, and I could not de-select it.

After updating the device I've found that the application update has changed my navcore to version 9.061. Surely this is an error by TomTom?

Has anyone else had an update offered & installed?
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just downloaded and installed it on the wifes 550.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed with 9061 is that when I connect the 550 to a powersource it turns itself on, without me having to press the device's on/off button. Is that normal for a device running 9061?

I've not had chance to use the 550 on a journey as yet, so I'm not sure what other changes there are.
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It showed up in Home as an update for the 750 Live. I have just installed this on my 750 Live, after making a full backup of the device.Exclamation The traffic bar and traffic incidents seem to take longer to show than previously - but that may have been a one off. It does, however, show an incident 96 miles away, which seems to be back to the 160 km bounding box Laughing Let's hope it lasts. Rolling Eyes

I also had to download another file in order to operate my go using Home on my Mac - why is this not a part of the initial instal?

Incidentally, the Tomtom support page referred to in Home (www.tomtom.com/6141) states that 9.061 is for XXL and XL IQ Routes and fixes a problem with freezing / rebooting devices.

So far, it appears to work on the 750 Live.....
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just connected my 550 Live and apart from the usual fuel prices, speed cameras & quickfix etc I've not been offered anything and a manual check for Home updates suggests I'm using the latest version of that at 2.8.2.2264 - however checking version number on the 550 reveals I'm on App 9.120.522640.103 which, logically speaking, is an advance on 9.061 - very strange

edit. I did need to download another file to the PC before I could 'Operate My Go' ... Why is it necessary to keep downloading files for this function?
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't noticed when I checked on www.tomtom.com/6141 earlier, but it doesn't list version 9.058. Is 9.058 now considered as obsolete by TomTom, and is that the reason Home is now installing 9.061 on x50 Live devices?

I see that there are at least two similar threads running on TomTom's discussions website, but so far no one from TT has made any comment.

Has anyone previous experience of running 9.061 on the 550/750/950 Live, and is it likely to cause problems?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9,120 Navcore was first seen around late Feb/ early March this year but it only seemed to go out to a very limited number of users, a few noticable changes were:

Alteration to the Loquendo TTS files
Custom POI files now appear with a black box around them
2D/ 3D switch seems to work correctly (unlike 9,058)

- Mike
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The 9,120 Navcore was first seen around late Feb/ early March this year but it only seemed to go out to a very limited number of users, a few noticable changes were:

Alteration to the Loquendo TTS files
Custom POI files now appear with a black box around them
2D/ 3D switch seems to work correctly (unlike 9,058)

- Mike

Can't say I've ever had any problems with it so I wonder why they're not releasing it generally?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sign of a 9.061 for the XL LIVE yet........
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just got 9.061 without the option to refuse. Think I saw a new bootloader version flash up [5.5277] as it downloaded. It turns on now as soon as I connect to power. Have changed battery saving preferences to 'Turn off when disconnected from power' or will get a flat battery as I use a timer to charge it from time to time during the day. Retains the 3D setting when turning on and off.

Edit: new map colours installed.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS, I've replied about your v9.120 in another topic. I think you must have installed it manually some time in the past.
------------------------------
jonbaker - V9.058 has NEVER been seen on that TomTom page, so it's not missing because it's obsolete. TomTom were made aware of the omission (several other software versions are missing from their list too) and they promised they would sort it out but they never did.
-----------------------------
Has anyone seen v9.061 offered to a Go x40 model yet, or is it only being sent to G0 x50's?
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P Thanks for the info about the missing 9.058 software. Why doesn't that surprise me? Sad

I've had a look at the ongoing 9.061 threads on TomTom's discussion group, and one person there says TT have advised him to reformat his device!! You need to read the whole thread to see the remarks in context, as I don't want to misquote him.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-GO-x00-x10-x20-x30-x40/New-TT-750-Application-Update/td-p/105995

I get the impression after reading posts from others that the 9.061 update is not an error by TT. Does that seem a fair assessment of the situation?
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
IanS, I've replied about your v9.120 in another topic. I think you must have installed it manually some time in the past.

Thanks again Andy, back to 9.058 first and now up and running with 9.061 and well pleased with the long awaited / overdue auto switch-on - it's a great example of why we should all keep lots of backups Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Ian! Me Me Me

Auto-switch on is good isn't it? Smile But if it's anything like the version I've seen, they still need to do some work on the wording of the menus to select it.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do anything to select it so I'm guessing if 'auto-off' is already selected then auto-on is automatically applied too Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: