Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Satnav in a 2011 Ford Mondeo?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Satnav in a 2011 Ford Mondeo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lagerpe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Which Satnav in a 2011 Ford Mondeo? Reply with quote

Hello,
I have been telling my brother to join PGPSW. He has a 2011 Ford Mondeo with Satnav. However, I can't find any Ford reference in the list of compatible devices. What is the "brand" of the Ford Satnav system? I had a quick glance the other day and it does not look at all like my TomTom based Renault Carminat system...
Any help would be appreciated!
Lagerpe
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that it is a Denso system. I had one in my Saab. It is also used in Land Rover and Jaguars. They used Denso in 2007/8 which is the era of my car. So maybe they still do.

I didn't like it. When mine broke, I changed it for a Kenwood, which has turned out to be a mistake….

The Denso unit I had could not be modified. No PoIs could be added. What you had was what you were stuck with. I did find that there was a way of adding PoI's but it was a hack and involved copying the disc and altering the data and then using the new disc.

You may be lucky and find that by 2011 Ford had found a better supplier of satnavs.

This is the Denso map style. Does yours look like this?

[/img]
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: