Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manub7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: 2013 E class command online, will the audible work? Reply with quote

I have seen many posts regarding the audible warning for the speed cameras and different opinions.
In my opinion it is the most important feature when alerting a speed camera as you might not always be looking at the screen.

Is there a clear solution that I can implement audible warning now on my 2013 E class ?
CAA_0807202724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Please don't post links to a database that has been obtained elsewhere. SCDB won't appreciate that and nor would we if it were our data being shared.

We're more than happy to look at offering a version that will work on Mercedes/Daimler and subscribers should be able to use our GPX version to convert.

Hi Darren
I have a 2015 (September ) c class w205 Mercedes with command online, I have followed the instructions to install, however when I insert the sd card no files are recognised. Is there a difference between the w204 NTG 4.5 and NTG 5.0 or is there a work around.?
Thanks
Dave574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data suppor Reply with quote

Goldfish11 wrote:
Mercedes Comand has finally grown up and allows personal POI (Point of Interest) and also can create a "Visual Warning". It seems that POI can be imported via Comand Online (Internet using connected blue tooth telephone).

In theory it should be possible to input speed camera locations etc into the system. However this is a challenge.

Has anyone managed this or has anyone got thoughts on how this can be done?

The interactive owners manuals for the system (Mercedes C Class interactive owners manual) gives details as follows

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-cars/ba/cars/w204/en/manual_base.shtml?id=../../../hu_cars/NTG4_5_ECE/en/comand-online/index_a.shtml&part=comand-online

Click "Navigation" on left hand menu then select "Personal POIs"

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this could be done. If someone can crack this there will be alot of happy MB drivers and someone will make some money!

I guess it is a matter of identifying the appropriate file type and then converting the GPS data base into that format.

if you have Comand 4.5 you should have an SD card slot just under the on/off button. If you load an SD with .gpx speedcam file on it you can get cams to show up on navi display. The process is :-
Put the SD card into the slot, use comand controller to select navi, select navi again and you will see a PERSONAL POI option, select this and if the SD card has .gpx files it will say importing data, click ok and select PERSONAL POI again until the importing message goes. you then have the option to enable the import.

My way was create a file on the SD card called PersonalPOI, Then in that create a file called PersonalPOI.gpx and in that put the speedcam data.

You can not get it to give audible warnings though. Maybe the 2013 do but my late 2012 e class does not.
tony_nufc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: W205 C Class Reply with quote

Hi, I have a July 2014 build C Class with the Command system, I have installed the files onto a SD card and I get the cameras on the screen and a bleep when approaching, seems to work well
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result then. Was that exactly following Dave's instructions above?
tony_nufc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,
Very straight forward
CA_0402114314
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Download Reply with quote

I have subscribed, how do you save the file using an iMac?
CA_0402114314
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Download Reply with quote

Doesn't matter it says on the download page, I don't know how I missed it.
bobmushroom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just picked up a new W205 with the latest Comand Online (version 5). From reading through the thread it does appear that the Version 4.5 way of doing things does not seem to work for v5.

My subscription has only just lapsed and am loathe to resubscribe if there isn't a way to get the POI's onto my version.

Forgive me if I have missed something but can someone categorically advise if there is a fix for v5 or if I can hang onto my money until there is one.

Thanks
Gando
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - I get to step 23 and nothing happens. It just seems to select from a set of pre-installed POI's like parking, mosques (!) etc...
Any ideas?
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm COMAND 5 works using the guide as printed. Does take 5 minutes to load off SD card so wait!
I haven't driven yet but scrolling out and around I can see camera icons.
There is a check box for audible so I assume a single gong will sound.

Not sure if nav screen has to be on for warnings, will update when I've tested.

Update: All works OK, gongs are heard whatever screen is on.
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found the gong was sounding a little too far in advance so I searched around for a method to fix this.
Found MB POI Loader at http://mb.jack-nicholson.info

You download from pocketgps a .kml camera file (I used N Drive files) and tell MB poi loader that you are using pgps files. MB Poiloader will then convert it to a .gpx file. You adjust the settings to move the gong point. I moved it from 30 secs to 10 secs.

I repeated the operation for the mobile camera file.

When copying the .gpx files (static and mobile ones) to the SD card make sure no other .gpx files are present in the PersonalPOI folder you created earlier as COMAND takes longer to import the data and more importantly seems only to be able to store a certain amount of data so the files you really want may not be there.

Only done a limited test but the gong sounds much closer to the camera, infact the camera is now in sight rather than somewhere in the distance.
If this should prove too close I can easily repeat the performance giving a longer time.

If there are any issues I'll report back Smile
pfautley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locksmith wrote:

When copying the .gpx files (static and mobile ones) to the SD card make sure no other .gpx files are present in the PersonalPOI folder you created earlier as COMAND takes longer to import the data and more importantly seems only to be able to store a certain amount of data so the files you really want may not be there.

I found that there wasn't enough space for UK and Europe locations - it stopped before loading the UK fixed cameras
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only loaded UK cameras. As I said, I had some other gpx files on the card that I didn't intend using but the system seemed to freeze trying to read it all to memory. Once I deleted everything but the two gpx files I needed it loaded in around 3 or 4 minutes.

As a side note, the gong sound was quite loud. The volume can be lowered by hitting the volume control on the steering wheel while the gong is sounding. It took about three passes to get the volume down to where I wanted it.
pfautley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does yours gong when the camera isn't even on the road you are travelling on?
I was driving down the M2 and had a series of gongs for cameras I couldn't see - when I zoomed out they were all on the A2 which runs parallel (but about 1/2 mile away)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: