Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: Exogear Exomount - Universal Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: Exogear Exomount - Universal Mount
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afrance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: exomount minor limitation Reply with quote

Bought two of these one for each car... and they are brilliant. Will happily hold even fairly heavy devices vertically (gripping at the sides - GPS V for instance - though I quite often use that in landscape mode). The one thing that I have that is a bit more of a problem is a Garmin i3 - it is just a bit too deep for the jaws. You CAN make it hold but it looks a bit wobbly...

Read the first review here, thought it was a must have - so bought two from the manufacturer directly - arrived next day. Can't be bad.
Retset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds a really excellent product which I may well have bought if you had told me a couple of months ago!!

I searched for ages for something that would allow me to mount my iphone on the dash of a BMW 3 series (E90) and not block an air vent. I don't like screen mounts for a variety of reasons. Finally I found a Mountek mount. They come from the USA, via Ebay UK. Clever design that goes into your CD slot with expanding jaws. It has generic smartphone clamps and optional end-piece for iphones. I had to give it some minor surgery as the jaws were a fraction too wide but it works great and the only thing I can't see is the only thing I don't need to see - a stereo display saying the word 'Aux'! I can recommend this as another non screen/vent alternative, especially for people who never bother with their CD player.

Last edited by Retset on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wafter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the mount I have waited so long for as my dashboard does not have 1 square inch of plane surface; it is all curves. But do you think the jaws will hold my TomTom Go 300 which is a 'fuller figure' model compared to the flat screens you get today? I've just put in a replacement battery and she is going strong but will she fit? Any help appreciated.
Alan
ClassA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: How easy and convenient is it to UNstick?? Reply with quote

I often find myself dashing quickly into a shop and not wanting to leave any unnecessary evidence of gadgetry on view in the car. Some of these sucker devices can be a swine to remove in a hurry without struggling. How easy it this mount to quickly remove and put out of sight?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a UK manufactured variant of this CD Slot thing that has a tray for attaching a suction mount to it.

Not tested so can't vouch for it:

http://www.cd.slotmount.com/
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it as good as it suggests, why does it not have a suction pad on each end, and forget the whole clamp thing?

Shame about not working on an Octavia as that is what I want it for.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
gajet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviews on Amazon are pretty poor. They all agree the suction cup holds like a beast but all say the rest of the mount wobbles and vibrates to a level that makes the screen unreadable. Any views on those issues?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gajet wrote:
Reviews on Amazon are pretty poor. They all agree the suction cup holds like a beast but all say the rest of the mount wobbles and vibrates to a level that makes the screen unreadable. Any views on those issues?

There is a post here from a guy who posted the Amazon review and said a replacement was fine.

The one I tested is rock solid.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: