Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Home Version 2.8.1.2218 Released (+ forced update issues)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Version 2.8.1.2218 Released (+ forced update issues)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikechad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nice work AndyP
Works a treat once permissions edited to allow saving a file.
Thanks again
mikechad
RavyGravyDavy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In parallel with obtaining the fix here (thanks all!), I had a question in with TT Support about the same issue.

Today, (after over a week), they have come back and told me that I HAVE to go to TT Home V2.8 and I HAVE to go to Navcore 9.058 (as it is necessary to work with my Map updates?), but not to worry, because if I have problems with 9.058, then they will work with me to fix it. Laughing

They had completely missed the fact that in response to my previous support question to them about the problems I was experiencing with Navcore 9.058, that THEY had recomended that I roll back to Navcore V8.371! Evil or Very Mad

I give up.

Last edited by RavyGravyDavy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavyGravyDavy wrote:
In parallel with obtaining the fix here (thanks all!), I had a question in with TT Support about the same issue.

Today, (after over a week), they have come back and told me that I HAVE to go to TT Home V2.8 and I HAVE to go to Navcore 9.058 (as it is necessary to work with my Map updates?), but not to worry, because if I have problems with 9.058, then they will work with me to fix it. Laughing

They had completely missed the fact that in response to my previous support question to them about the problems I was experiencing with Navcore 9.058, that THEY had recomended that I roll back to Navcore V8.371! Evil or Very Mad

I give up.

Well I reckon they are currently working on a new Navcore update so you are probably better getting 9.058 just now, then if you do have issue report them and TomTom can make the new one even better. It's up to you, sit back in the past or move forward.
RavyGravyDavy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccririck wrote:
Well I reckon they are currently working on a new Navcore update so you are probably better getting 9.058 just now, then if you do have issue report them and TomTom can make the new one even better. It's up to you, sit back in the past or move forward.
No, you have missed my point entirely. I have twice installed V9.058, and on both occasions my unit was taking circa 5 mins to obtain GPS lock on switch on and in poor signal areas I would lose Live services completely, and often for the duration of the journey. Not good when heading to the M25 as I often do. On the second occasion it completely locked up my SIM which stopped working completely. I therefore reverted to V8.371 which works fine.

So you 'reckon' they are working on a new Navcore? Hardly a sound basis for me to 'upgrade' my unit to something that is both slower and less functional is it?

And I am certainly not sitting in the past, I welcome advances as much as anyone else, its just that I know that Navcore 9.058 will not work on my unit and I would like the choice to stay with V8.371 which does, and not have the update forced on me by Tomtom.

If and when a Navcore comes out I will give it a go, but this time with extreme caution.
haydenb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tip Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Rather then wade through it in French, here are the original instructions from the US TomTomForums.com (with some edits/additions from me)
----------------

There's an easy 'hack' that will keep Home from updating itself. I'm back to running 2.8.0.2146.

1. Install a previous version of Home - anything prior to 2.8.1.2218 will do. I am running 2.8.0.2146, the version just prior to the "nasty" one.
(See below for links)

2. After running the *.exe to install the older version of Home, do NOT run it.

3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul

4. Using Notepad, Wordpad or another text editor, edit the file called 'application.ini' in the xul folder as follows:

In the line which reads 'Version=2.X.X.XXXX' (matching the old version you have just installed), modify the number to read '2.8.1.2218' and re-save the file.
(If you are using Windows 7, you may need to change the properties to allow edits to the .ini file).
Another user found that you can just modify the number to read 10.000, (which would obviously work for some time!) but I've not tried this myself).

Now, when your earlier version of Home runs, your edit to "2.8.1.2218" will be compared to the most recently available version, and no update to Home will be made.

5. This will continue to work until the next version of Home is released somewhere down the road. At that time, if we still find that the new version of Home being released is problematic, we can share the version number that is reported for the update, and we can modify the application.ini file again with the new version number.

6. Here are links to the previous versions of Home:
v2.8.0.2146 for the PC
v2.8.0.1019 for the Mac

Thanks for the tips, I reverted my Home version from V2.8.1.2218 back to V2.8.0.2146 and edited the application.ini file to show 10.000 as the version. All works fine in Home and when I request an update check for Home it returns "You are currently using the latest version of Home V10.000" Sweet!!!!!! Very Happy This is on My Win 7 PC by the way.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Home 2.8.2.2264 Reply with quote

I currently have Home 2.8.1.2218 installed on my PC (running on Windows XP).

When I connected my 550 Live to my PC this morning I was offered an update of Home to version 2.8.2.2264. I declined the installation of the new version at the moment.

I've just done a quick (and probably not very thorough) search on PGPSW, but can't find any mention of it so far. I presume this is a very recent release.

Has anyone on here installed 2.8.2.2264?
cu389
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Home 2.8.2.2264 Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
I currently have Home 2.8.1.2218 installed on my PC (running on Windows XP).

When I connected my 550 Live to my PC this morning I was offered an update of Home to version 2.8.2.2264. I declined the installation of the new version at the moment.

I've just done a quick (and probably not very thorough) search on PGPSW, but can't find any mention of it so far. I presume this is a very recent release.

Has anyone on here installed 2.8.2.2264?

I installed 2.8.2.2264 yesterday and is working fine with my XL340TM
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Home 2.8.2.2264 Reply with quote

cu389 wrote:
I installed 2.8.2.2264 yesterday and is working fine with my XL340TM

Thanks for that.

I see that there is now a new thread on the topic of 2.8.2.2264 Here.
cu389
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the new link

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: