Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert build 352 now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert build 352 now available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

We have just released CamerAlert build 352 to the Android Market.

Changes in this release include:
    MyLocation icon now drawn manually. Losing the accuracy circle, gaining stability and performance, as well as indication of direction of travel.
    Implemented feature request "on startup also run the following application"
    Higher resolution overspeed popup displays should result in less pixilation.
    Adjusted some timing synchronisation on startup to fix the "Take care" messages on startup

Last edited by MikeB on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:

MyLocation icon now drawn manually. Losing the accuracy circle, gaining stability and performance, as well as indication of direction of travel.
    Adjusted some timing synchronisation on startup to fix the "Take care" messages on startup

You boys don't hang about, do you :-)

Nice one, chaps. Guess that's the reason you are where you are, with PocketGPS.

We wanted, we asked, we got it (obviously the ideas were already in the pipeline, but it does make us feel good)!

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:
We wanted, we asked, we got it (obviously the ideas were already in the pipeline, but it does make us feel good)!

Actually they weren't. Both the cursor and the launch other app feature were introduced directly as a result of user-feedback.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike and Darren,

Can you provide a link please?

I tried the obvious URL and it didn't work. Is it definitely build 352?
Either that or my ISP's cache is playing up!

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:

Mike,

Hi. "On start-up, also run the following application" was, I think, a request made by someone so that Navigation (or other application) would be invoked when CamerAlert was started. That was my naive understanding anyhow, and my be wrong??

Just downloaded the new release, gone into the above setting, and "Navigation"/"Google Maps" is not present. Am I missing something, or expect8ing something which it was not designed for??

On my options of "..start-up run the following application" I have "Nothing, Browser, Chrome to Phone, aCar, Barcode scanner, AngryBirds, (+other apps I have loaded), and CamerAlert. None of which one would have thought would need to be run whilst driving, except for navigation which is (ironically) not present/shown in the list.. I use Google Navigation (Maps) on my device.

Cheers
+
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi Mike and Darren,

Regards,

it should offer the update in the Android Market (assuming you've bought it!)

MaFt
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Privateer wrote:
Hi Mike and Darren,

Regards,

MaFt

Just to confirm. My handset didn't advise me that there was an update available, but from your link I went into "My Apps" (link in the market) which then shows any updates. CamerAlert was highlighted as an UPDATE, and simply downloaded it, so Privateer should find it there.

Cheers
+
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:
Hi. "On start-up, also run the following application" was, I think, a request made by someone so that Navigation (or other application) would be invoked when CamerAlert was started. That was my naive understanding anyhow, and my be wrong??

Just downloaded the new release, gone into the above setting, and "Navigation"/"Google Maps" is not present. Am I missing something, or expect8ing something which it was not designed for??

On my options of "..start-up run the following application" I have "Nothing, Browser, Chrome to Phone, aCar, Barcode scanner, AngryBirds, (+other apps I have loaded), and CamerAlert. None of which one would have thought would need to be run whilst driving, except for navigation which is (ironically) not present/shown in the list.. I use Google Navigation (Maps) on my device

Hmm.. odd, getting the same here too. I wonder if 'Navigation' isn't available via the 'list of apps' - could be because it's more of a system app maybe?

looking again, apps like maps, navigation, phone, music and latitude don't get listed. these are all google/system apps...

MaFt
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
kevinx wrote:

On my options of "..start-up run the following application" I have "Nothing, Browser, Chrome to Phone, aCar, Barcode scanner, AngryBirds, (+other apps I have loaded), and CamerAlert. None of which one would have thought would need to be run whilst driving, except for navigation which is (ironically) not present/shown in the list.. I use Google Navigation (Maps) on my device

Hmm.. odd, getting the same here too. I wonder if 'Navigation' isn't available via the 'list of apps' - could be because it's more of a system app maybe?

looking again, apps like maps, navigation, phone, music and latitude don't get listed. these are all google/system apps...

MaFt

Mmmm,

"Glad" (in an ironic kind of way!) that you got the same results :-( Possibly, as you say, because of "SystemApp". I'm sure you'll find a workaround :-)

NB (Desire HD with FroYo v2.2)

Cheers
+
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 352 now available Reply with quote

MaFt,

Seems it works okay with CoPilot, which another sub has loaded (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=547371#547371)
so your theory seems to be correct.. !! (I'm still sure you'll find a workaround though ;-)

Cheers
+
burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same issue (no Google Maps option) on Wildfire running android 2.2 so the only option seems to be continue opening Maps independently.

Other than that, excellent app and I'll add my appreciation of speed of response to suggestions Very Happy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a bug but a feature. Sort of. We are explicitly excluding Google System Apps. Who knew that someone would actually use Google Navigation?

It's easy enough to correct that if needed.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Ah that explains it, it's in Market.

No, I haven't bought it.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
This is not a bug but a feature. Sort of. We are explicitly excluding Google System Apps. Who knew that someone would actually use Google Navigation?

Blimey, you do now how to (almost) wind people up Shocked Very Happy
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

Lutz

"v353" coming soon!!?? :-)

Just as a little heads up, which you may overlook??

On the DesireHD there are Google Maps (download as you go, although of late the map data is cached). This is, I think, the PREFERRED method of navigation on the HD.

However, the HD also comes "bundled" with another map application "Premium Maps" (Locations/CarPanel). As these maps (full data) are actually ON the phone, this will save people data charges (for the otherwise downloading as you go Google Maps - for those people who prefer not to use data- aka "Cheapskates"! :-) ).

Premium maps cost about 25£/annum for navigation.

Reason I mention all this?

JUST in case people use the PREMIUM mapping, and find THEY cannot link from CamerAlert to start Prem navigation.

As stated, however, I would think a majority would, like me, use Google Maps as a preferred method.

Hope that all makes sense?? 8-/

Cheers
+

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: