Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anyone File Format for POI's & Routes on Myguide with IG
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone File Format for POI's & Routes on Myguide with IG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pythagoras
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Anyone File Format for POI's & Routes on Myguide with IG Reply with quote

Can anyone help?

I've seen it on PGPSW that IGO8 uses .txt files for POI. I think I might need the PGPSW Speed Camera's as the ones that came with the MyGuide 4328 are not very good.

However, I've also seen it somewhere that .RTE files are needed?

The PND has Nav N Go IGO software version 8.3.1.53027. I don't know if that is the latest, as naviextras site toolbox won't connect to my unit at all (I've read on their own forum that lots of people have these kinds of issues).

I want to subscribe and load Speedcams and other POI's, and also to be able to upload Routes. It would help if I could be 100% certain hwta file types to upload then I can at least experiment what folders I put them in to see if I can get to access them from the PND screen.

However, having been totally unsuccessful in any attempts to load useable files so far, and being unable to connect to check and backup my device, I'm rather concerned that I'll crash the unit or something and it won't work at all.

Any help gratefully recieved!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone File Format for POI's & Routes on Myguide wit Reply with quote

Pythagoras wrote:
I've seen it on PGPSW that IGO8 uses .txt files for POI. I think I might need the PGPSW Speed Camera's as the ones that came with the MyGuide 4328 are not very good
iGO certainly uses .txt files for the PGPSW camera database which should be placed in the Igo8\Content\Speedcam folder.
Pythagoras wrote:
However, I've also seen it somewhere that .RTE files are needed?

The PND has Nav N Go IGO software version 8.3.1.53027. I don't know if that is the latest, as naviextras site toolbox won't connect to my unit at all (I've read on their own forum that lots of people have these kinds of issues).

I want to subscribe and load Speedcams and other POI's, and also to be able to upload Routes. It would help if I could be 100% certain hwta file types to upload then I can at least experiment what folders I put them in to see if I can get to access them from the PND screen.

However, having been totally unsuccessful in any attempts to load useable files so far, and being unable to connect to check and backup my device, I'm rather concerned that I'll crash the unit or something and it won't work at all.
User POI files should be in .KML format and should go in the iGO8\Content\userdata\poi folder NOT in the iGO8\content\poi folder.
If either of the folders above do not exist on your device, create them. The first startup after loading the speedcam/POI files will take quite a long time, maybee up to a couple of mins or so, so be patiient.
I'm not sure about loading routes, but you can certainly create - save -reload routes, including what appears to be unlimited waypoints (I've tryed 20 successfully), on the device. You can create a route with random waypionts, and have the device optimise the route to take in all your waypoints in the moste distance efficient way. Very Happy
Hope this helps

PS. For some reason, not all .KML files seem to work and I havn't been able to work out why Sad
Pythagoras
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks M8TJT !!

I think I might be able to manage that! As I stated on another Topic about route planning on PC though (where another v kind member has helped with a v similar solution) - Im not sure if my device has a path with 'iGO8' as the source folder. I think it might be the 'MYGUIDE' folder instead of 'iGO8'on the MyGuide 4328 - I'll have to check when I get away from work and have the chance to browse the thing in Windows Explorer.

Thanks again for the assistance - much appreciated! Graham.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has MYGUIDE as the root of the nav S/W, substitute MYGUIDE\CONTENT etc for the IGO8\CONTENT etc. that I suggested above.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: