Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Iphone 1.6, disable voice but not warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Iphone 1.6, disable voice but not warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeramihi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: TT Iphone 1.6, disable voice but not warnings Reply with quote

AS in the title.

Is there any way of disabling voice instructions (guidance) on the TomTom IPhone app (newest version 1.6) and keep the Speed Cameras warnings? I'm having problem finding it in the app itself...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I know of doing this is to load a silent voice file to the device inlue of one of the foreign voices, select that voice for directions and the device will then only issue alerts rather than navigation instructions. This can be done without requiring the iPhone being Jail Broken through the use of DiskAid on the PC to transfer the silent voice file to the voices folder within the TomTom app on the iPhone.
I can provide more detailed instructions on how to do this if you want to try it - Mike
yeramihi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The only way I know of doing this is to load a silent voice file to the device inlue of one of the foreign voices, select that voice for directions and the device will then only issue alerts rather than navigation instructions. This can be done without requiring the iPhone being Jail Broken through the use of DiskAid on the PC to transfer the silent voice file to the voices folder within the TomTom app on the iPhone.
I can provide more detailed instructions on how to do this if you want to try it - Mike

Sorry for long delay in replying - had plenty on my head.

Yes, I'd be more than interested in this solution. Can you please send my correct files for silent voice (If you have them) please?

Also, I'd like to change warning I have on the iphone.At the moment I have custom verbal warning where I'd like to have simple 'polite3' beep from my tomtom. I'm not sure how to achieve this one. Would be enough to configure my other tomtom (750 live) to work that way and than copy mapsettings.cfg file to tomtom app? Or is this more complicated that that?

Cheers,
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through This which shows you how to swap out the mapsettings.cfg for POI warnings.

For a voice addition to the device read This all you need to do is replace one of the existing voice files with the silent voice I have sent you - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not just switch off the voice, run CamerAlert in the background and do it that way? Not sure just copying the ov2 and png files to the device will show without messing about with the mappsettings.cfg but if they will it might be easier?
yeramihi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Could you not just switch off the voice, run CamerAlert in the background and do it that way? Not sure just copying the ov2 and png files to the device will show without messing about with the mappsettings.cfg but if they will it might be easier?

Well... this could work. What warning sounds are available in CamerAlert then? Never used this app but could give it a try... Also, does it goes mute during the calls?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well... this could work. What warning sounds are available in CamerAlert then?

Voice alerts

Quote:
Never used this app but could give it a try...

It will cost you 59p to find out.

Quote:
Also, does it goes mute during the calls?

Well yes. As it is running off the iPhone the iPhone will handle the sound. I believe the alerts come through a bit quieter....

I wanted exactly the same thing - camera alerts with no directions but a visual route displayed and it's worked all this weekend for me...
bazm60
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: no voice Reply with quote

hi mikealder could you mail me the no voive file thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: no voice Reply with quote

bazm60 wrote:
hi mikealder could you mail me the no voive file thanks.

Done - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: