Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - why when i go to ACTIVATE walk does it stay on planning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

why when i go to ACTIVATE walk does it stay on planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falconromans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: why when i go to ACTIVATE walk does it stay on planning Reply with quote

why when i go to ACTIVATE walk does it stay on planning, i have it set to tell me distance and time walking etc, but i only noticed 3/4 way around the walk that it said it was on planning. so fun info i like at the end of the walk was not working, what am i doing wrong. I love the Satmap its great compared to my previous gps.[/b]
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have accidentally moved the joy-stick control. This sends the unit into planning mode. If you notice it has done this then you need to press the LHS button next to the joystick - it should have a dot with concentric circle displayed just above it on the screen. This sends the unit back into GPS mode and places the cursor on your current position.

You can lock the controls to prevent accidental movement of the joystick (I forget how at present - but someone will be along to remind us!) I tend to clip my Active10 to my rucsac and it doesn't appear to suffer from thiss - although you have to be careful putting it into its case to ensure you don't accidentally move the joystick. Satmap should have come up with a more foolproof method (like a prompt to ask you if you are sure you want to enter planning mode - or a separate function activated by one of the other 'soft' buttons - say off the Route menu)
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To lock the buttons to prevent accidental activation,press the On/Off button twice and a padlock icon will appear next to the battery meter.

Ian
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:
To lock the buttons to prevent accidental activation,press the On/Off button twice and a padlock icon will appear next to the battery meter.

Ian

Told you someone would help - thanks Ian Very Happy
falconromans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks all sorted now, GPS/Planning Reply with quote

Thanks all sorted now, went to Ightham Mote, Kent, 7 mile walk, 400ft ascent, used to flat off roads in Essex, so hill climb was hard going but fantastic for us. the Lock and Gps/ planning mode working fine, SATMAP need to sort this flicking from one to the other, its a pain at the moment, maybe I'll get used to it, i just loaded version 1.328 today, the unit is great and even on walking the 1/50k map is ideal. I still carry Explorer active maps, just in case.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:

Ian

Is this still possible...I keep trying it with mine while showing the GPS Map page , and nothing ?
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer asked
Quote:

Bosun wrote:

Ian

Is this still possible...I keep trying it with mine while showing the GPS Map page , and nothing ?

Yes it is for me. The on/off button being the large one on the upper right side of the machine. I press it once until it asks if I want to switch off and then press the button again (a lock icon should be showing next to the button at this stage).
Satsync 1.525
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes still works for me also after the upgrade.

Two presses of the On/Off switch as Mike says.

Ian
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Whoops! Reply with quote

Apologies...got it now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: