Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Silly questions on all of this?? Reply with quote

Samir, Quite a raft of questions but lets try and work through them one at a time:

sschandoo wrote:
(1) Re the instruction: "Download a new MapSettings.cfg file with the warnings configured for the database and copy it to the folder shown in the next screen capture". Is this the file that is contained the the OV2 download or some other file? If another file, where do i download it from?

The required mapsettings.cfg file is indeed contained in the download link within the "How To" guide at the start of this thread.

sschandoo wrote:
(2) The instructions noted that i would need to alter the Home address on my IPhone 4 after the process is complete, but my phone doesn't seem to have required this. Has it worked?

Are you sure you put the mapsettings.cfg file in to the correct location? Check the guide on page one and double check where you put the file. In addition make sure the TomTom app has been shutdown and restarted since you added the file otherwise the old settings will still be in the iPhones memory, it only seems to reload data when the app is launched.

sschandoo wrote:
(3) How do i know whether i have got the new files downloaded from this site on my phone (other than by going out to try it)?

You can either take it for a drive or use the "Advance Planning" option to set a route that passes a camera, when the route is planned and the route summary screen is displayed select "Options" followed by "Route Demo" then sit back and watch/ listen as to what the app is doing.

sschandoo wrote:
(4) How do i differentiate the above from the ones that came with the App and do i really need to keep the TomTom ones on the phone?

With the TomTom cameras you might get a Beep, Beep withthe PGPSW data you will receive a spoken alert telling you of the speed and camera type.

sschandoo wrote:
(5) Is the CamerAlert an additional feature to download or is it an alternative to the speed camera database?

Please see Darrens answer above.

sschandoo wrote:
Apologies for the questions....but am nervous about all of this. However, once i get it right on my IPhone 4 i can then do this on my wife's 3GS.

This actually works better on the 3G/ 3GS than the iPhone4 due to the icon sizes, I am currently working on different icons for the iPhone4 which will be made available once complete - Mike
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: silly questions update Reply with quote

Hi Mike / Darren,

Thanks for your comments on the previous posts.

Forgot to wish you and all on the forum a belated Merry Christmas.

I've checked the download i had done and to be safe re-did it. Then switched off phone and turned back on again (no idea how to close tomtom and then start it up again, when phone is actually on).

When i started phone and went into the tomtom app, it still didn't ask me to update my home location.

However, planned a route from my house in Watford to Heathrow Airport (via M1 and M25). However, no speed cameras came up at all along the route - except one which was a traffic camera (beeping sound only with no detail of the type of camera).

Planned another route from my house to Brent Cross shopping centre. Heard the normal TomTom camera alerts that i usually do on this route but no picture of the camera on the actual route....just a symbol on the top left.

I am no doubt doing something wrong but promise i am following the instructions to the letter.

Sorry about this....but please help

Samir

P.S. In DiskAid i can see the files copied across (in the UK-Ireland App folder i see various "*.png files" but no "*.ogg files". Also in the documents folder i can see the 'mapsettings.cfg' file

Last edited by sschandoo on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you added a set of speed zoned ov2 files from the main camera download page as these files are required but not included with the download on page one of this thread - Mike
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find the "mapsettings.cfg" file in the first post and replace the one already on your phone?
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you added a set of speed zoned ov2 files from the main camera download page as these files are required but not included with the download on page one of this thread - Mike

Ahh....No - sorry....but can you tell me where that is?

Have now downloaded the speed zones camera database (TomTom OV2?).

In my PC i now have files with the following endings:

*.png
*.bmp
*.ogg
*.ov2

Windows will not allow me to change the names of *.bmp files to *.png files as these already exist (downloaded with the files as noted on page 1 of the thread)

Last edited by sschandoo on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaggieBoy wrote:
Did you find the "mapsettings.cfg" file in the first post and replace the one already on your phone?

Yes...did that.

Also, found the *.ogg files. They are in there
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use DiskAid to copy the ov2 files to the same location on your iPhone that you copied the ogg and png files to - Mike
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Iphone Camers Alerts Reply with quote

I have done as you have said I have Western_Europe, but where do I find the correct "mapsettings.cfg" Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the zipped file that you downloaded from page one of this thread the file you seek will be found if you look closer at the contents Wink - Mike
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Iphone Cameras Reply with quote

Hi Got it working now, however I only get polite bleeps for the cameras whay other settings do I need for sounds Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you put the mapsettings.cfg file assuming its in the correct place try switching the iPhone off then back on again to ensure the TomTom app wasn't still running in the back ground - Mike
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Iphone Speed Cameras Reply with quote

I followed all the instructions as per first mail, but still get Polite 3 sound, what should I set the sounds to Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you loaded all the ogg files that were in the download then you should get a full spoken alert when approaching a camera, note you do need to have a route set for the warning to sound, in the first post in this thread is a link to a You Tube video I shot, watch and listen to that to get an idea as to what it should be doing - Mike
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no go with the sound, i am going to delete TT from my Iphone and start again - meanwhile do you have any guides on how to add POI's pleae Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike what TT app version are you running the file supplied is for the newer V1,6 and it doesn't work with V1,5 one assumes you will have updated to the newer release?

As for custom POI installation its the same method as covered in the first post, although having just written such a guide for custom POI files without settings warnings etc I can add it to this site as well.

Basics are for iPhone3g/ 3GS the standard icon size is 22x22 but rename the icon from .bmp to .png

For iPhone4 you can use icons of 22x22 but you are better off with them resized to 44x44, again they need to be renamed from .bmp to .png - With iPhone4 if you want the custom POI icons the same size on the map as the icons supplied with the app then use an icon size of 32x32 - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 7 of 42

Jump to: