Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmr54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried this on v1.8 with the Australian camera file?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To work with any data set other than the UK Speed Zoned one will require a fresh mapsettings.cfg file creating - Mike
dmr54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, is that a big job, and are there instructions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need access to a TomTom PND running IQ Routes_2 mapping from at least version 865 or newer:

Load all the POI files to the PND then configure the Warn When Near POI option for each of the camera categories.

Copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the PND to your computer.

Re-name the Mapsettings.cfg file to mapsettings.cfg

Open each of the bmp icon files with a graphics application and save them as 24 bit png format.

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file to the correct folder on the iPhone

Copy the icons, ov2 and ogg sound files to the correct folder on the iPhone app.

A few hours work at the very least - Mike
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You need access to a TomTom PND running IQ Routes_2 mapping from at least version 865 or newer:

Load all the POI files to the PND then configure the Warn When Near POI option for each of the camera categories.

Open each of the bmp icon files with a graphics application and save them as 24 bit png format.

Copy the icons, ov2 and ogg sound files to the correct folder on the iPhone app.

Mike

A query around this which you may be able to help with....

I have now managed to load all the PGPSW camera poi's for both UK and Europe and PNG files and my own files onto the iPhone.

I also copied over the OGG files for the UK cameras from your zip file.

I copied over the mapsettings.cfg file from my GO 740 which contained my own settings for PGPSW cameras UK and Europe, which consisted of standard Bell 1 for fixed cameras and Beep 5 for mobile cameras.
It also copied over the recent destinations etc.

When I drive around now, I get a spoken warning rather than a sound.
Although not what I expected, I probably prefer it.

My question is;

What has made the iPhone use spoken warnings, when the mapsettings.cfg file I copied over should have caused it to use sounds, is it just the presence of the OGG files?
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Mike

I have now managed to load all the PGPSW camera poi's for both UK and Europe and PNG files and my own files onto the iPhone.

I copied over the mapsettings.cfg file from my GO 740 which contained my own settings for PGPSW cameras UK and Europe, which consisted of standard Bell 1 for fixed cameras and Beep 5 for mobile cameras.

My question is;

What has made the iPhone use spoken warnings, when the mapsettings.cfg file I copied over should have caused it to use sounds, is it just the presence of the OGG files?

Out of curiosity I copied the mapsettings.cfg file from the iPhone to the now semi redundant GO 740.
When I checked what alerts were set up for PGPSW UK cameras, it still showed my alert settings.
The only difference being the lack of OGG files on the GO 740.

Anyone know whether the presence of OGG files overrides other warnings ?
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
adobbing wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Mike

My question is;

Out of curiosity I copied the mapsettings.cfg file from the iPhone to the now semi redundant GO 740.
When I checked what alerts were set up for PGPSW UK cameras, it still showed my alert settings.

Further update, after some playing around.....

Removing the OGG files causes the the iPhone to revert to my own settings = Bell 1 for fixed cameras and Beep 5 for mobile cameras.

Adding the OGG files back reverts it to spoken alerts.

Just now need to work out whether it will work properly with spoken alerts for the European alerts using my mapsettings.cfg file, which was configured to use standard beeps and bells etc.
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Iphone 4 Camera Install issues Reply with quote

Dear All,

I hope you are well.

I seem to have come across a snag in the TT software on my iphone 4 (and that of my wife's).

At some point all the speed cameras downloaded from this site disappeared. I can't explain it.

Nonetheless, i downloaded everything again using DiskAid and followed the procedure on page 1 of this thread BUT...nothing. Files are in the right place, procedure carried out exactly to the letter but nothing happens.

Route demo mode shows only the gatso cameras coming up - the ones' input by TomTom themselves and no spoken warnings...just the usual beeping.

When i check the settings to see what POI's are listed....there are no cameras showing at all despite DiskAid showing me they are there.

Have i missed a trick at some point?

Any help greatly appreciated.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess you have recently updated the TomTom app to a newer version since we last discussed how to install the POI files and warnings last Christmas.

A few things have changed such as the icon file type and the mapsettings.cfg will be slightly different, I suggest the easiest approach is to go back to page 01 of this thread and download the zip file which contains a full set of icons, warning sounds and the mapsettings.cfg Add a copy of the UK Speed Zoned POI files (ov2) from this site then follow the instructions on how to install it. Note there is a set of files for the iPhone4 and another set of files for the earlier devices. You will still get the icons on screen and the spoken alerts but you no longer get the flashing icon top left as this was dropped (it didn't work very well on the iPhone4 to be honest).

Make sure the TomTom app isn't running in the background when you install the files, take care with which folder the mapsettings.cfg file has to go in - Mike
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
adobbing wrote:
adobbing wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Mike

My question is;

Further update, after some playing around.....

Removing the OGG files causes the the iPhone to revert to my own settings = Bell 1 for fixed cameras and Beep 5 for mobile cameras.

Adding the OGG files back reverts it to spoken alerts.

Just now need to work out whether it will work properly with spoken alerts for the European alerts using my mapsettings.cfg file, which was configured to use standard beeps and bells etc.

Just a quick update on this;

Conscious that I may soon lose the ability to use my GO 740 Live to work with the mapsettings.cfg file, I created a full windows explorer copy of the internal memory.
I have copied this onto and SD card and when inserted into my PC this is recognised by TomTom Home.
This is useful because it lets me use the "operate my navigation device...” feature in TomTom Home to set camera warnings and create a working mapsettings.cfg file
I have found the file, when copied over to the iPhone using Diskaid, works perfectly.

It may be worth considering for anyone contemplating the switch from a PND to iPhone TomTom!
A13x
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i copying the files to the wrong dir?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess you haven't put DiskAid in to Advanced mode or checked the show hidden files/ folders and the Show Root Path for apps options on, only when you have done this you will see the the full folder options to put the files in to, what you have done doesn't seem correct from memory, have another read of the instructions in the first post within this thread - Mike
Beefcake99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The only way to increase the warning would be to create a new mapsettings.cfg file using a PND, the current file supplied as a demonstration is based upon the times ten rule which equates to a warning approx 30 seconds prior to the camera location assuming you are driving at the speed limit - Mike

Strange, the voice starts speaking on mine only 15 seconds before I reach the actual icon on the screen from my tests, wonder why its half the time of yours!?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the x10 rules offers a time delay of closer to 20 seconds than 30, if yours is warning at 15 seconds away you must be travelling faster than the speed limit Cool - Mike
Beefcake99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely wasn't as that would obviously alter the time!
It was a 3.5 hour drive home I was testing it on and so there were plenty of sites to measure it against. I must not be able to count. Confused

Guess I'll just have to live with it as its not a simple thing to change.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 24 of 42

Jump to: